Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » New forum members » Hi new member from Nottinghamshire

Hi new member from Nottinghamshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 10:14 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Hi everybody, new member here.
I was directed here by Bob from GTI-R-US who seems a real nice chap.

I don't currently own an R but I have been on the look out for a nice example for some time now.
I have always loved the cars since I was young, just love the look of them with the rear spoiler and the radical bonnet vents feeding cool air to that huge top mount inter cooler.
I have seen a few R's come and go as a young boy because my dad was a car trader.
My mum had two of them back in the day, the first one was excellent, she bought it off my dads forecourt with her own money (they had fallen out and she wanted her own car lol) it was a black ph2 on a k reg, the reg ended in KNU, she paid around £8000 for it and the car was a brilliant example, fast, standard and in brilliant condition. She had the car for several years and my dad talked about selling the car for arround £4000 because that's what it was worth at the time, my mum replied to this with 'NO! your not selling my car' soon after his friend offerd him £6000 for it and my dad said yes streight away. He wrote the car off two weeks later and my mum fell out with my dad lol
To keep peace my dad bought her another black ph2 on a K reg, plate ended with XNX. He paid £2200 at auction and the car was a nail, the car was nothing but trouble, we still loved the car but it just was not the same as her first one Sad
My dad also had a red UK sunny GTI-R at some point Very Happy

Sorry for the huge introduction but I thought you might like to here why I have such a connection with the GTI-R. It has been a dream car for me ever since a young boy, I can remember when nobody was home I used to steel my mums keys and see how fast I could launch the car down the drive in first gear and then stop at the end until my mum questioned me why there were tyre marks on the drive Embarassed

2 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 10:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Nice little story there mate, welcome abourd & good luck with your search for an R your in the right place Smile

3 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 10:22 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Thanks mate.
One thing I always remember obout the days when my mum had her R is that every other R you saw on the roads always flashed their lights or waved too us, I have never had that experiance in any other car, it's like R owners really appreciate seeing fellow R drivers on the road and to this day every time I see one I always grin and nod to the driver, I bet they think I'm a right lunatic Haha

4 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 10:40 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Welcome again mate Wink love them and hate them all at the same time but once they are in your blood they are hard to shift ..... what i want to know is if olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?  scratch

5 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 10:50 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
nomad29 wrote:Welcome again mate Wink love them and hate them all at the same time but once they are in your blood they are hard to shift ..... what i want to know is if olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?  scratch

Haha! One could only imagine. I have always wondered what goes off in those Johnsons factory's scratch

6 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 2nd June 2013, 11:09 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I wouldnt know but i bet bending over is prohibited Razz
Ok so here is another ponder scratch
When a man talks dirty to a woman, its sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.

7 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 8:34 am

fred05

french connection
french connection
Razz

8 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 8:40 am

Stu

Admin
Admin
Hi and welcome
Nice story!
You need to add to the story now with your own gtir!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

9 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 8:45 am

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Hi thanks mate.
Fingers crossed I hope I may have found one.
I'm just waiting for the info and pictures to come through, it's supposed to be a great example in almost standard condition. Sounds Locke just the car I've been looking for, really hope the sale goes ahead and I will be able to put the picture up of my new R Smile

10 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 9:13 am

GTI-R US

Management
Management
hiya fella and welcome to the forum, good intro Smile

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 3:48 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome to the forum.
When I finally do find myself the right R I will post pictures of my car for you guys to look at.

Cheers,
Bill

12 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 6:45 pm

11Paul11

Hi buddy im in Nottingham nice to see someone from round this way

13 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 8:18 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Hi Paul.
Is that your R on your profile pic? Looks nice from the pic.
I will have to keep an eye out for your car driving about whenever I'm in Nottingham, I live just near Mansfield in Nottinghamshire so im only a short distance from Notts. would be nice to see a clean R driving arround locally, you see fewer and fewer on the roads these days and the last few I have seen have looked a little worse for wear Sad still is nice to see them still going though.

14 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 9:11 pm

11Paul11

Mine needs abit doing mate yep it's the one in the pic, having the arches done soon, I'm near giltbrook Mansfields only down the road, I'm just making my own exhaust system then it will be back on the road,

We should try n get a meet in the midlands going

15 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 9:26 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
I used to live in new ollerton a few years back before moving back to essex

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

16 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 3rd June 2013, 11:19 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Yeah Paul it would be great to get a meet going in the midlands, it would be a welcome change to the usual meet ups featuring a bunch of saxo's corsa's and 106's etc, not that there's anything wrong with those cars if modified well but they never are around these parts and they're just not my cup of tea, I've had my fair share of French cars now lol.
Good luck getting your car back on the road.

Bob it's a shame your not still up these ends, would be really handy to have your place local Wink
I doubt there many people around here that know what they're doing and willing to work on the R's for a resonable price.

17 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 4th June 2013, 5:30 am

Concrete-GTIR

id be up for a meet Wink

18 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 4th June 2013, 4:52 pm

11Paul11

Yea I never really see that many decent cars at all round this way, should be sorted soon just not had any spare time,

We should get something sorted for a meet, when you looking to get an R?

19 Re: Hi new member from Nottinghamshire on 4th June 2013, 5:40 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
I'll be getting one as soon as the right one comes along, I'm not just going to rush into buying one because I want myself a good car I can hang onto for some time. Hopefully won't be too long before I find myself the right car but like I said I don't intend to rush into it because I don't want to get burnt.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum