Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » Members gti-r's » Here's My R

Here's My R

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 8:37 am

Viper911

Viper911
Just thought I would open up a wee thread here seeing as the process has started and hopefully picking up from Bob w/c 17/6.

Spec looks great without being ott for start off R, I'm not counting my first R as my first R as I didn't give it a chance lol

Running safe 300 Frankels which should suit the 454.8 mile trip back home after I pick it up affraid affraid

Could have got cheaper one up here but you get what you pay for apparently and if I can't get a good one from Bob who can I get a good one from lol

2 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 8:40 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Il look forward to some pics .... what spec you having it done to mate ....?

3 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 11:48 am

Viper911

Viper911
Heres the spec list from Bob

will be running circa 300bhp at 1 bar boost
waalbro 255ltr fuel pump
gab adjustable damping suspension on lowering springs (great handling on a pulsar)
is an l plate model phase 2
uprated rear arb
front upper strutbrace
choice of a few sets of wheels available
silicone hoses
atmospheric dv
turbotimer
clear side repeaters
blueflame stainless ex system with goose silenced decat
organic uprated clutch
excellent turbo, gearbox and engine
and very good bodywork in black
alarm immobilizer fitted
jvc remote head unit
aftermarket shifter
good standard interior
the car will be serviced with all new oils etc prior to collection

Sounds good me thinks, also standard tmic, but tbh I dont want to be going above 320bhp just now anyway

4 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 12:22 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection
pics wanted matey!!

5 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 1:08 pm

Viper911

Viper911
@fred05 wrote:pics wanted matey!!

Got a few pics from Bob however want to get it up here, in a picturesque area and shining bright and take my own pics. Got a great location on the way up to Fort William in mind, just outside Glencoe, great road for a fun drive too.

300bhp RS v 300bhp GTIR run

6 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 1:38 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley
Nice one, i saw your R when i picked mine up the other day Wink
If you get some good pics they might make it into the calender if one is ever produced Very Happy

7 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 3:12 pm

Viper911

Viper911
@pulsarmoley wrote:Nice one, i saw your R when i picked mine up the other day Wink
If you get some good pics they might make it into the calender if one is ever produced Very Happy

Kl, tbh if one is done and it doesnt make it on there will be something wrong because this location is stunning Very Happy Very Happy

Just got to sort out insurance now, really peeved Footman James said no because it wasnt garaged. Didnt think my postcode was that bad lol

8 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 3:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
I think they make it up as they go alone tbh im suprised you would get classic insurance on a L reg ....

9 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 4:41 pm

Viper911

Viper911
nomad29 wrote:I think they make it up as they go alone tbh im suprised you would get classic insurance on a L reg ....

Got classic insurance on a P reg VR6, think diff companies have different ages for "classic" cars

10 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 5:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
I thought there was a sorta 20 year ish guideline .

11 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 7:22 pm

not_as_good_as_you

Viper, try sky insurance, they are usually really good and competitive.

12 Re: Here's My R on 6th June 2013, 10:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Thats who i was with when i first got my pulsar think it was around 400 quid cheapist i found then they hiked it up the next year to double that obviously i declined there offer i mean if i wanted to bum raped that harshly i would of called the vicar lol!

13 Re: Here's My R on 9th June 2013, 8:20 am

not_as_good_as_you

Nomad, isn't that what lots of companies do, first year cheap then hike it up, so most people seem to move every year or two!

Insurance is ridiculous!

14 Re: Here's My R on 9th June 2013, 9:15 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
It doesnt pay to be loyal always shop around because they will try to under cut each other.... think they just hope that after the first year you cant be arsed and just accept there offer .

15 Re: Here's My R on 9th June 2013, 12:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Fort william and surrounding area stunning location. Look forward to the pics

16 Re: Here's My R on 9th June 2013, 5:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
454 miles Shocked bloody long way for an r lol
il do my best to make sure she gets you back with hopefully no probs steph Wink

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

17 Re: Here's My R on 10th June 2013, 6:38 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection
for my first R i went in the Norfolk from Marseille....so not so far!!

18 Re: Here's My R on 10th June 2013, 7:31 am

Viper911

Viper911
gtirus wrote:454 miles Shocked bloody long way for an r lol
il do my best to make sure she gets you back with hopefully no probs steph Wink

Thinking I might have to break it down to a couple of 200 odd mile runs tbh, take a couple of hours break per fuel stop lol

19 Re: Here's My R on 14th June 2013, 10:59 am

Viper911

Viper911
Woop woop, after the weekend I will be the proud owner of my 2nd R, assuming I resist the urge to plant the foot on the trip home WinkWink

Insurance bought, £305 unlimited mileage and some stupid euro breakdown recovery addon that I couldnt take off, cant have too much cover I spose

Flight booked, ready to come back up in rush hour traffic lol

Just checked the route on G maps and public transport is coming up 30 mins quicker, errrr lets put that to the test lol

Finally, what would peeps say is the best route back up North from Bobs? M6 or M1?

20 Re: Here's My R on 14th June 2013, 12:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
I would say the m1 or a1 is the best route steph

did you get breakdown cover just in case?
weve done everything possible to make sure the cars good for the trip back but always best to have cover on a gtir as you never know what the little boogers are gonna throw at you lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

21 Re: Here's My R on 14th June 2013, 7:54 pm

Viper911

Viper911
Yeah had aa breakdown when I got Clio and it covers me as opposed to the car so no issue there

22 Re: Here's My R on 14th June 2013, 8:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
m1 i  like best.There wont be but  any problems up this way give me a shout

23 Re: Here's My R on 15th June 2013, 7:41 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
Should be fine as not that far & the reliability of a Pulsar is actually very good the way Nissan built them but some of the council boy molested shite in the UK is what ruined the reputation & value of the GTiR.

24 Re: Here's My R on 15th June 2013, 12:03 pm

Viper911

Viper911
Drove last one up from Wolverhampton with fukd turbo and welding needing done so touch wood will be ok

25 Re: Here's My R on 15th June 2013, 2:37 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
Will be fine, done a 600 mile trip in a F plate n13 sunny I have lying around & it gets little maintenance as never fails to start & never makes a squeak ... Just get some decent photos & enjoy the drive & don't forget to start the stop watch.
Only thing I consider a good emergency spare is a small jerry can of fuel as when having fun it easy get real low and be a worrying distance from a good refill station. Some spare water is always wise too on older cars if cooling system has not been given a refresh you can never rule out a pipe leak or pump seal leak etc & some water can get you home or to a service point perhaps :-/
Have a good trip & hope it is a keeper ;-) get bored of seeing them for sale again the following month lol :-D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum