Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » Projects » My grey gtir

My grey gtir

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: My grey gtir on 22nd October 2013, 9:15 pm

Greygtir

Been thinking bout my spec tonight. And the route i wanna go down. Altho wide archd kit looks awsome i run into many probs. 

No wide track conversion is possible without mega money
Wheel fitment is a joke and need 18s to fill the arches etc etc 
One of bumpers are going to be needed 

So i have had a long thoughtabout the whole project. And i have decided to tone things down aboit. Keep the body looking oem+ smaller wheels. And possibly smaller brakes. After all i might sell a few wide arch kits but it will never compare to what i could sell if it was standard ish. Its still going to be as mental but less ott.

52 Re: My grey gtir on 29th October 2013, 9:34 pm

Greygtir

Nothing much to update. Got my front cross member made by www.tube-bender.co.uk top service will be using them again. Keeped in touch all the time via email. Absolute pleasure 

Expecting it thursday. So might get it tacked up over weekend and start fiddling with my rad and intercooler. 

Than plans is it finish seam welding and get the engine bay in primer, and star fiddling with corsa rack and column.

53 Re: My grey gtir on 1st November 2013, 9:32 am

Greygtir

Preping  nismo diff guard for paint today. Mould it over weekend, f/g carbon ones should be available next week 

54 Re: My grey gtir on 1st November 2013, 8:05 pm

Greygtir

Job was a good one today

55 Re: My grey gtir on 1st November 2013, 9:36 pm

buckym120

Looks an awesome finish mate

56 Re: My grey gtir on 2nd November 2013, 11:22 am

fred05

french connection
french connection
Always a good proper job you do mate, keep on updating!

57 Re: My grey gtir on 2nd November 2013, 5:45 pm

johnny gtir

Great work keep it up

58 Re: My grey gtir on 12th November 2013, 11:40 pm

Greygtir

Well i had a night mare during the week, nismo diff gaurd fell off stand while i was polishing it. Any way its home n safe. 

God knows why photobucket has that line on it? 

Any way the wide arch kit has come off and been out up in attic, time to go back standard ish. 

59 Re: My grey gtir on 12th November 2013, 11:42 pm

Greygtir

Ps the bonnet is somthing im playing with but its getting binned soon ut was just to break in the mould

60 Re: My grey gtir on 17th November 2013, 11:14 am

Greygtir

61 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 11:24 am

Greygtir

Not updated in a while. Started work on my boot lid 

The boot is going to be a uk spec so the swaged holes sit behind the numberplate and im going to be doing a uk spec carbon trim. The swaged holes also act as a stiffner rather than just notmal holes that are just drilled will hopefully finishing this of this week Smile

62 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 11:43 am

Greygtir

As a lot of time is getting spent on the rear floor and fuel tank area i decided to buy this and get it mounted 

Not realising im only wing mirrors n spot light mount away from a close wrc rep ha this come from the ex works wrc car that stig drove

63 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 1:20 pm

Greygtir

Next i turned my attention to this little hole

Got it all tacked up with 4 brackets welded underneath, could of bout another shell to mould it with no sunroof but the cos wasnt worth it and this is just a bit of extra graft

Just a bit of grinding to get it level. Im not seam welding the plate as im not risking warping a good roof so it will be gilled then painted moulded the chopped of.

64 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 3:32 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Nice work, keep it up.

65 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 4:30 pm

pulsarmoley

Looking good, look forward to seeing the finished article Smile

66 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 5:15 pm

Greygtir

Bit of work on the floor next 

[/URL

[url=http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/prototypecomposite/media/2014-01/B80CB62F-E843-4D1C-B605-5C3AEA70AAA6.jpg.html]

Seat will be mounted low but not stupidly low. But the mounts will be strengthend alot
[/url]

67 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 9:43 pm

hagger

so it was you that bought the stig fuel neck filler of the bay.Well looks like its on the right car... light weight is good.. cool project this one

68 Re: My grey gtir on 26th January 2014, 10:22 pm

Greygtir

Was me but the guy who i bought it of wants me to make replicas lol

69 Re: My grey gtir on 28th January 2014, 8:21 pm

Greygtir

Off side outer sill welded up reasy to take the sill pins for the wrc stands Will tide the welds up abit as not as neat aa i would of liked

70 Re: My grey gtir on 31st January 2014, 11:21 am

GTI-R US

Management
Management
gradually getting there fella, that certainly is one big renovate & modified project, should look great when its all done though

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

71 Re: My grey gtir on 31st January 2014, 4:11 pm

Greygtir

Cheers. Comment like this help so much sometimes.

72 Re: My grey gtir on 31st January 2014, 9:44 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Love all the fab work .... where do you get all your sheet metal from ?

73 Re: My grey gtir on 1st February 2014, 9:01 am

Greygtir

I get it from work or a local steel stock holder. Untill i started doing this i didnt realise how cheap metal is and how over priced things are lol. Today i am getting the seat area fabbed up where the petrol tank is going to sit. Wont be finished until i get the rear subframe diff n prop in to see how low i can mount the tank but its progress thats gettin made. Then ill do some more work on wrc stands and sill pins

74 Re: My grey gtir on 1st February 2014, 4:08 pm

Greygtir

Saying that all my tube is cds from merlin motorsport

75 Re: My grey gtir on 25th February 2014, 6:27 pm

Greygtir

Preped and painted will me moulded probably next week

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum