Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » boost pressure 1 bar mod

boost pressure 1 bar mod

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 6th March 2018, 1:08 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Welding tips are a couple of quid for like a pack of 4 ... but dawes devices are great .

27 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 6th March 2018, 3:12 pm

venom42

That makes sense and I probably have one laying around here. I was just trying to hold on to keeping stock appearance and safety. If I keep the solenoid and put the manual controller directly in front of it that should still provide the same safety check (knock based) as before, and should minimize any spikes.

28 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 23rd March 2018, 5:34 pm

venom42

Can you install the dawes device (ball-spring MBC) in line with the factory boost solenoid? I am thinking this will retain the stock ability to pull boost if is senses knock. It would hold the line closed until the desired pressure is reached, and would then allow the stock solenoid to open the wastegate. Am I missing something here? Any reason NOT to do it this way? I am planning to set it at 12 psi or so since the fuel system is stock (as far as I know). I need it to be reliable and safe.

29 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 24th March 2018, 8:11 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
It would sense knock with or without it ..... a fades device just bleeds off until the the required BOOST pressure is reached ....

30 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 24th March 2018, 8:35 pm

venom42

Right, but without the stock solenoid it can't open the wastegate at .5 bar. Am I thinking correctly here?

31 Re: boost pressure 1 bar mod on 24th March 2018, 8:44 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
It will open the Wastegate at whatever you set the dawes device or bleed valve

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum