Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » Members gti-r's » Kate's evo

Kate's evo

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 5th May 2012, 9:23 pm

Have they given you the correct turbo that you wanted? and not a smaller one?

27Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 5th May 2012, 9:25 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Just pissed off , really can't be bothered at the moment .

We are going to do a pressure test on the inlet side and check timing but the engine hasn't changed and it made 475 on its old turbo.

28Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 5th May 2012, 9:27 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Dan the Gearboxman wrote:Have they given you the correct turbo that you wanted? and not a smaller one?

That's exactly what the mapper said , he spoke to turbo technics and it has the right covers but could have wrong internals ?

It made perfect power for the s209 , our s205 s little brother

29Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 5th May 2012, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Ive read alot of bad reviews about turbo technics with them messing up and poor customer service never used them myself only fitted there hybrid t2 wich pissed more gasses out of it than the back box and that was a brand new unit i replaced it back with the old unit and took the car back to the customer total waste of my time think the tubby was sent back and refunded .

30Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 17th June 2012, 5:01 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Hey guys so have sent turbo back to turbo technics for strip down and inspection and... Had a call back from an ignorant American guy who said turbo is fine no issues with actuator or anything! He did try to tell me that I may need to retard the timing by up to 10 degrees to get any power out of it and to fit a restrictor pill to the boost solenoid...so much for a standard fit turbo!!!!

So annoyed with them...double checked compression and cylinder leakage and it's spot on. Can only mean engine is sound...checked for boost leaks and that's ok too. Which I guess just leaves a boost leak...getting so fed up :-( we only changed sodding turbo and ended up with less power than a standard worn turbo grrrr

31Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 17th June 2012, 5:07 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Sorry meant that leaves engine timing to check not boost leak lol

32Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 17th June 2012, 5:24 pm

section 75 consumer credit act, not sold as discribed! get your money back and go to owen development's.................they are the suppliers to mitsubishi europe.

33Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 17th June 2012, 5:38 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Doubt they will refund us, it's been on the car for bout 6 months, we know we have only done mapping mileage on it but no proof of that so doubt we would. Get anything without a fight which I can't be arsed with.
I don't see why retarding the timing should help if it's standard fit anyway-wa***rs

34Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 17th June 2012, 6:56 pm

if you used a credit card they fight it and are equally liable, and retarding the timing will do feck all except lose power.

35Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 10th July 2012, 10:24 am

saddler

saddler
pulsar_stu wrote:
Kate&tim wrote:Carbon bonnet has now been replaced with a std bonnet , looks better Very Happy

Wise thing to do Wink

This is what happens when theres a carbon fibre bonnet on them.
Kate's evo - Page 2 Th_2009-09-27153736-1
just seen this stu.. shaun was very lucky affraid , I have never seen a photo of the damage just got told about it.. good job its all repaired now turned into a polished garage queen Very Happy ,,

36Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 10:53 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
Thought I'd pop a pic of the evos replacement !!

Not quite the same but really nippy little thing Very Happy

Kate's evo - Page 2 Image

37Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Nice little vrs Wink is this gonna be left as a standard family car ...?

38Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:08 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
nomad29 wrote:Nice little vrs Wink is this gonna be left as a standard family car ...?

Kind of Very Happy lowering springs sitting in shed with decatted downpipe and map planned for jan!!

39Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Lol thats what i like to hear. ... Is it a derv ?

40Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:11 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
No it's a 1.4 twin charged petrol engine , 7 speed dsg !!

41Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
They have some quite good reviews on them. ... Only bad bit i heard was about them getting hot when pushed to hard and suffering heat soak. .... Have you noticed this. ...?

42Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 25th November 2012, 11:36 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim
nomad29 wrote:They have some quite good reviews on them. ... Only bad bit i heard was about them getting hot when pushed to hard and suffering heat soak. .... Have you noticed this. ...?

Not noticed anything , I can see why though the engine bay is small and the intercooler is tiny!

But also it's been cold and wet since we collected but once your moving it must cool quickly , do miss the 4 wheel drive it does spin like crazy .

43Kate's evo - Page 2 Empty Re: Kate's evo on 26th November 2012, 12:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
very underestimated cars are these, dan had one a while back

hope you enjoy it Very Happy

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: