Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr

SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 13th December 2013, 2:00 pm

scottyboy

Half an hour later and a run around the block an there minimal smoke unless you rev it high it lets out a little cloud of smoke but idle etc there none I'm really confused guys

52 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:02 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Anymore on this scotty ?

53 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 1:46 am

scottyboy

Just what I said above mate I've not took it back out yet as no tax or mot but will run it again tomorrow and see there is one other thing it takes fooking ages to warm up when driving but it's got a large alloy radiator and oil cooler do you think when I drove it the 20odd miles that's it's never warned up properly to burn off the excess oil if you leave it running on idle it will warm up fairly quick and hold the temps when driving I used a load of oil on the pistons and bores when re fitting them into the block so this might be the case? As I said today it was ok but will. Need to see what tomorrow brings

54 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 9:59 am

pulsarmoley

It sitting on the drive wont get it hot enough to clear any deposits still left in the exhaust.

55 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 11:25 am

GTI-R US

Management
Management
yep as above the car needs a good runout to get it nice and hot to burn off any residue and create a proper seal on the piston and rings you've just replaced.

I thought you had already taken her on a good run out, leaving it idling on the drive will only result in it fowling up the plugs which is why it probably started running on 3 cylinders

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

56 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:03 pm

scottyboy

So what you wanting me to do take it down the road high reving boost also?

Give it a 30min drive round the back roads like this?

57 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:11 pm

scottyboy

Have I just to drive it like I stole it?

58 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:24 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
no no no
if you rag it youll tear that cylinder apart you've replaced the rings with lol.

just drive it normally with a little boost for about 30 miles with lots of gear changes and engine braking, by then it will be nicely upto temp and all the deposits should have burnt off

then report back and see what shes like then

59 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:28 pm

scottyboy

Ok I'll go for a shower etc I'll need to let it idle to warm up etc as if I drive it 30 miles from cold it only just heats up at 17 miles due to the massive ratiatior etc but I'll report back in a bit

60 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 12:35 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
if its really cold where you are put a bit of cardboard in front of the rad to block some airflow off and it will heat up quicker then

61 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 4:02 pm

scottyboy

Still shit just done a 20 mile drive wry 10 miles the plugs fuck up need to take them out and clean them then ok again only cylinder 3 is the problem

62 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 4:20 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Have you tried swapping the leads over ?

63 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 5:34 pm

scottyboy

Even doing that would it help the oil coming out the manifold? I've just put it on swapz the now spares or repair losing hope with it Sad

64 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 6:31 pm

Gaz GTiR

This wont help your running issue, but before you go thinking the worst about the oil coming from manifold... Just check around the bottom of your oil seperater can on the front of the head that its not leaking oil & sitting on top of the manifold where it meets the head. As I had this problem once & it turned out to be a leak from oil separator & also a leaky rockor gasket & oil was running down the head & sitting on the manifold where it meets the head on cylinder 3!

I hope that is your case fingers crossed!

But you have obviously got a problem else where regarding your running issue, just hope its not a ring :/

65 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 8:58 pm

scottyboy

The oil separator has been removed mate it had a catch can but that's also bypassed now there was a broken breather pipe on the inlet manifold links to the pcv valve but not holding any hope that it will fix it I can see oil on the pistion when the plugs out the car so there a problem some where if I don't get a decent swap I'll just brake it as I don't wana spent any more money in it Sad

66 Re: SMOKiNG AGAIN aghrrrrrrrr on 14th December 2013, 11:43 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Sorry to hear that mate ....good luck with the swap then buddy ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum