Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » CEL and Very wispy black smoke

CEL and Very wispy black smoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 6:11 pm

not_as_good_as_you

Hi guys,

So the car had been sat for a bit (6 weeks or so) after me and my mate changed the clutch fluid and adjusted the pedal. Car was fine then. Took it out a week or so ago and got 2 miles down the road and the CEL came on and I noticed some wispy black smoke under accel, so immediately returned home. Car starts fine, and idles at correct revs, but as soon as the choke is out and the car is idling at normal it starts spitting out what I'd guess is soot, so I am sure it is a fuel related problem, just not sure where to start.

My first port of call is to check the diagnostic, so does the pulsar have an OBD port and if so is it 1 or 2? The car lives at my mums so I can't just pop out and check, so want to go over with all the right gear rather than wasting time.

Geoff

2 Re: CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 6:18 pm

johnny gtir

Do a fault code check sounds maf related possibly

3 Re: CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 7:32 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
You can bridge over two pins and put it in test mode wich flashes the eml light to give you a code .... or buy a nissan consult cable and plug it into your laptop .... its obd 1 . Wink 

4 Re: CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 8:05 pm

not_as_good_as_you

Cheers guys.
Nomad, how comprehensive is the test code? Not that comprehensive I'd guess?

5 Re: CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 8:17 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Its ok to be fair but depends on how indepth you want to go at the end of the day aslong as you can count the flashes it will give you the fault... 10 flashes is 0 but if you want to view any real time data etc then obviously the laptop method is the way to go .

6 Re: CEL and Very wispy black smoke on 12th January 2014, 8:32 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Fuel / MAF prob aswell i think.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum