Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Cant seem to get the car to idle

Cant seem to get the car to idle

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cant seem to get the car to idle on 20th January 2014, 11:32 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Hi 
I am having problems getting my car to idle, once power applied its fine, also when very lightly touch throttle has slight misfire. can anyone think of anything? I have looked at vacum hoses all seem ok? 
Thanak Glenn

2 Re: Cant seem to get the car to idle on 20th January 2014, 11:43 am

Digitalfaze

web admin
web admin
maybe your dump valve has a leak, block it off and see if it makes a different

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

3 Re: Cant seem to get the car to idle on 20th January 2014, 11:45 am

gtirx2

How many bends are in your inlet pipe?
I read that you was using 60degree bends but dont know if your running 1 or 2 bends?
Just guessing really but have read the z32 maf can be abit sensitive to this and show problems with the idle?

4 Re: Cant seem to get the car to idle on 20th January 2014, 8:47 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Thanks for quick response this morning i had far bigger issues in the afternoon which are now sorted Smile i managed to get to run ok i found a vacum off rocker cover split. Sealed it and idles low but it idles so hopefully off to rollers on thursday and see how its fueling etc

5 Re: Cant seem to get the car to idle on 20th January 2014, 8:56 pm

GTIR James

Glad you got it sorted Glenn. Did sound like a vac pipe. Get yourself a wideband, one of the best gauges for diagnosing faults. If its idles low. Try adjusting the Iacv screw out a tad.

6 Re: Cant seem to get the car to idle on 21st January 2014, 7:21 pm

Bones

the two star club
the two star club
How much will it cost to have the fueling checked as that's my next thing to do after I fit the wideband Santa got me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum