Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Anyone ever seen these?

Anyone ever seen these?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 2:21 am

Gaz GTiR

Basicly a friends fans have decided to stop working on his R has anyone got any idea what it could be?

But hes came across these extention wires that connect between the fan plug & the loom plug... So he's took them off & connected the fans as normal "loom plug to fan plug" but there still not kicking in?

Heres the pic of the extention wires, Ive never noticed them on any other R but they do look factory?

2 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 9:49 am

Stu

Admin
Admin
Bypass!
If he had left them connected and pressed the blue aircon button his fans would manually come on Wink

I'm guessing a fuse has blown?

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 12:12 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I would say check fuse first then if thats ok .... bridge the wires together if it works then it will be the sender ...

4 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 3:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

I checked fuse under passenger inner wing, its fine.

How do them bypass wires work then? As they only extend the loom & not connected to anything that would make them work of the A/C button?  scratch 

5 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 4:39 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I thought you had to bridge the trinary switch to make it work on the ac button ... not unless thats part of the loom section ?

6 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 4:46 pm

johnny gtir

What temp they not kicking in daz ? You probably know but they come in late on our cars

7 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 5:33 pm

Gaz GTiR

Yeh he can leave it idleing over for like 20 mins & they wont kick in? Temp gauge dousnt go past half way but I don't trust the factory gauge?

8 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 5:47 pm

johnny gtir

Its normally 3 quarters of the way up it kicks fans in gaz i am sure if you have standard fans on standard loom its 2 stage one then both sure the ecu controlls them
Different idle to driving then stopping they more likely to kick in then
Its not running different ie cool running thermostat ? 
Just trying to chuck ideas at you mate 
Is it new car to him or new problem or ?

9 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 6:03 pm

Gaz GTiR

Even if he takes it on a drive then leaves it idleing the still don't kick in, On minr fans kick in at half way on temp gauge. Think its 95 degrees the kick in on R's?

Not its not running cool, Ive told him to try his thermostat in hot water to see if its opening & closing & I checked fuse & its ok.

He's just but a FMIC on & since then the stopped working? Hes checked wirein etc & cant find anything loose etc?

10 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 8:14 pm

johnny gtir

Strange you have checked fuse. Is there a relay sure there is.

11 Re: Anyone ever seen these? on 26th January 2014, 11:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Al sorted, they've all of a sudden started working again so hes just going to keep an eye on them to make sure there not a underlying fault

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum