Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm

fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 4:45 pm

weblizzer

Hi guys,

just want to ask some advice..

when i try to run the car from 1st to 3rd all in 7krpm. when i'm on 3rd gear there is something like it cut the fuel. even i'm pushing hard on accelerator it just don't give any fuel.... something cutting off of fuel or something.... and after a few seconds it turns back was it a fuel cut or boost cut? how do I know about it? I'm using the standard injectors and a walbro 255lph fuel pump. so i was wondering what the matter with it.

hope you can share

2 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 5:46 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Wezz, is yours the import limited to 110mph?
What speed are you in at 3rd gear 7krpm?

3 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 6:32 pm

weblizzer

i have a jdm gtir motor. so might be the speed limit? well haven't notice the speed though. hehe.

4 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 9:42 pm

pulsarmoley

Pretty sure you cant hit the limiter in third?

5 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 10:22 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

You can hit over 100 in 3rd, depends on the gear ratio. Wezz has an almera/ pulsar vzr gearbox, so it could be possible I think.

6 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 2nd February 2014, 10:25 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
possibly fuel surge and starving the pump of fuel as car will be under hard load and fuel will be transferred to rear of tank and pump filter is located at front of tank

try it with a full tank of fuel and see if it still does it

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 3rd February 2014, 12:30 am

danr

there is a thing in the 'R ecu that cuts fuel if it thinks the car is stationary. so if your speedo isnt sending speed signal to ecu, it thinks youre revving the nuts off it so cuts fuel (anti boy racer in car park mode).
but, i have been told this is bull. but i have read it in the past. maybe something to consider. you can check if your ecu is getting speedo signal with consult or similar...

8 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 3rd February 2014, 3:47 pm

weblizzer

since it's jdm motor so i use a jdm ecu wit garage saurus tune. actually i haven't experience on this until this lately. it's transplanted on my b13 with 50 series gearbox. so maybe the 180kph limit which implemented in japan.

9 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 13th February 2014, 7:46 am

hitz123

I've got the same problem when I come on to hard boost it cuts fuel. I'm gonna change my fuel pump first and see what happened because I had a 255 walbro it started playing up then I put the standed back in even worse.

10 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 13th February 2014, 7:48 am

hitz123

Has anyone installed a Bosch 044 fuel pump inside a tank before?

11 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 13th February 2014, 12:18 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
There is a few on here that have done it .... think its slightly harder to fit than a walbro 255  due to the pick up .... but it has been done ...

12 Re: fuel cut? on 3rd gear 7krpm on 16th February 2014, 5:44 pm

weblizzer

@hitz123 let me know if that would fixed the problem. man before I can upgrade mine.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum