Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please

Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 am

Welling_AL

Morning all,

Weekend took a turn yesterday - was moving the car from the garage at the rear of my house to the front drive to clean and prepare for MOT.

The access alley to the garage is tight to say the least. Long story short the car grounded out and in my atempt to free it the front bumper got ripped clean off the car !  Embarassed 

After alot of swearing and shouting i set about TRYING to fix it.

The main bolt holes in the top corners of the bumper just ripped clean open - so after removing the bolts from the inside of the wings - i ended up getting it back on with cabel ties - which is by no means a great job that i am not happy about but with limited tools / components was the best i could do in the shitty rain and hail.

Question is - will this be an issue for my MOT ?

I'm guessing it will - but wanted to ask advice - is it even worth putting it through or should i cancel and take it off the road to try and figure out a more long term fix ?

Ultimately the access road/track to my garage is never going suit a lowered car so im thinking about how - if even possible i could design a bumper with some form of quick relase catches that could let me whip it off ever time i need to drive to to/from the garage BUT would be suitable to hold it on tight for high speed driving - dont wat the bumper flying off down the M25 !  Rolling Eyes 

AL.

2 Re: Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
If its secure and cant be pulled off or loose it wont affect the mot .... you can get quick release catches ....think gaz has them on hes r on the wings  .... check out he thread as im sure it was him al ....

3 Re: Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Welling_AL

just did a search and found the thread - cheers for reminding me Leighton !

I'll drop Gaz a PM as that looks very similar to what i was thinking - ill pick his brains wrt fitting and how he's found them etc !

Fingers crossed the MOT man looks kindly on my cabel tie temp fix !

4 Re: Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Digitalfaze

web admin
web admin
cableties will be fine, i had to do it on a previous car and had no issues with mot's

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

5 Re: Front Bumper Disaster - Advice Please on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
No problem al ... like i said aslong as its not falling off  they cant really fail it ....obviously some better way of fixing like the quick release fastners would be better for you in the long run especialy with your driveway problem ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum