Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Abs

Abs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Abs on 27th May 2014, 10:51 pm

Turbazz

Yesterday my ABS light came on.. It was on today for 5 10 minutes then went off hasn't come back on...
I know I've got a bad caliper in the rear sticking. But it's never bought it on.

How does this fault check work. Just driving a straight line? 19mph. Tried it and nothing flashed

I seem to have lost the link to buy new piston rear...

2 Re: Abs on 27th May 2014, 11:33 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Get it recondiotned mate big red brakes do them well cheap...

3 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 12:09 am

Turbazz

I bought the piston for the other side last year... From big red. Can't find it anywhere on their website. I've got the seals I just need a piston. I'm not sure if that Is the fault

4 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 6:27 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Whats wrong with the piston ? Generally its not the piston that goes .... most motor factors do the caliper with a surcharge for your old one ....

5 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 12:01 pm

Turbazz

There inexpensive got one last year... Trading the caliper in would be expensive..

The other side was scored pitted.. New seals and piston should be ok..

6 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 5:57 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Cant remember who had them done off here two rear caliper stripped and rebuilt plus painted £44  .... i dont think you can argue with that price ....that was with big red brakes

7 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 7:34 pm

Turbazz

No it's a lot more than that!
Impossible to be that much

8 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 7:34 pm

Turbazz

Because I enquired last year

9 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 7:59 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t3078-brake-caliper-rebuilds?highlight=caliper
sorry my bad it was £44.50 each ....still think thats cheap .... how much is it for the rebuild kit plus a piston ?

10 Re: Abs on 28th May 2014, 8:31 pm

johnboy

@Turbazz wrote:Yesterday my ABS light came on.. It was on today for 5 10 minutes then  went off hasn't come back on...
I know I've got a bad caliper in the rear sticking. But it's never bought it on.

How does this fault check work. Just driving a straight line? 19mph.  Tried it and nothing flashed

The light that flashes is on the abs ecu by the passengers feet. It's not the big light on the dash. Impossible to see from the drivers seat. 
I've found the most common abs fault is a broken wire to the front sensors where they flex with the steering.
Sounds like it might have fixed itself tho.

11 Re: Abs on 29th May 2014, 12:55 am

Turbazz

Really. Didn't know that. So I need to look in the passenger foot well?

12 Re: Abs on 29th May 2014, 7:51 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
No mate john is on about the actual sensors in the hubs .... the wires that feed down too them ...

13 Re: Abs on 29th May 2014, 5:42 pm

johnboy

Yes - if you want to see the light that flashes the codes for ABS failure it's on the ABS ecu in the passenger foot well...  What a Face 

And Nomad's right about the wires..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum