Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » N15 hubs to run Skykilne/300zx calipers. What needs doing?

N15 hubs to run Skykilne/300zx calipers. What needs doing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mikewazowski

I've been looking for an affordable brake upgrade on my R. I wanted to fit the n15 hubs on to the pulsar because they fit the skyline caliper, i know the pcd is different but apart from that what are the differences and what will need doing in order to make the hub fit ? Has anybody got any pics of their install? thanks Smile

grim_d

You can run 300zx calipers on n14 hubs with the right brackets and a suitable/modified disc. It's a bit of a faff but so is changing the hubs.

mikewazowski

yeah i know but from what i heard its easier to just swap the hubs around and do it this way. Where could i get some brackets from?

nomad

Admin
Admin
Swapping hubs over is the easy bit imo remember seeing a thread on doing this mod .... think it was on the gtiroz...

mikewazowski

ill try to look it up. I did think that swapping hubs will be easier then getting hold of adapters etc. Do you know of anybody who has done this mod on our forum?

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
N15 require some faffing about, N16 is direct fit but not a uk domestic so hard find parts.
Easiest option is fabbing brackets, it not hard & not expensive.

nomad

Admin
Admin
From what i read the n15 arms are slightly longer and have a different hieght on the  track rods does that sound correct ????

grim_d

@Mr B wrote:N15 require some faffing about, N16 is direct fit but not a uk domestic so hard find parts.

N16 was UK sold, there's are loads of them kicking about.

mikewazowski

Thats exactly what im on about. Theres loads of different opinions so god knows what is correct and what isnt Very Happy It would be good to speak to somebody whos actually done this mod and see whats what but it looks like not many people have done it on here

grim_d

There just isn't much point when for a while there you could buy brand new wilwood 4 pots with pads, discs and lines for £450, or 2nd hand hi specs etc for similar money.

The main attraction to the Nissan 4 pots for me were the fact they said Nissan on them which when all said and done isn't much use for braking which is why mine are still sat on the shelf.

Not trying to dissuade you but it's not a hugely common mod now, it used to be more popular when people were selling kits.

mikewazowski

ive been looking at used sets etc but you can easily get some r33 calipers and disc for 150/200. Its then the matter of buying hubs/adapters and drilling the 4x100 into the disc. Im looking for the cheapest upgrade really and this always looked like the one to go for..

grim_d

An easier and potentially cheaper option is evo 1/2/3 twin pot calipers and Clio sport discs, need to open up the carrier holes on the hub but they bolt straight on after that.

Disc requires spacing out 4mm if I remember correctly, can be done using washers or a spacer could be made.

Combine with a set of good pads like carbotech or ferodo and your brakes will improve dramatically.

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
@grim_d wrote:
@Mr B wrote:N15 require some faffing about, N16 is direct fit but not a uk domestic so hard find parts.

N16 was UK sold, there's are loads of them kicking about.
I believe specific n16 model for straight swap was not uk domestic model, too long ago to recall fully.

mikewazowski

i might just wait until a set of used adapters come up for sale. Im not in a rush because the car is off the road and im away anyway so might hunt down a bargin Smile thanks for the help anyway guys!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum