Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Salt

Salt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Salt on 26th April 2015, 7:00 pm

grim_d

So I walk out my front door tonight tonight to go to work, sun splitting the sky, a lovely spring day.

Ruined immediately by those arseholes at the council having thrown a winters worth on salt everywhere.

Its nearly May.

Goodbye R, back in the accord. Rolling Eyes

2 Re: Salt on 26th April 2015, 8:05 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Really .... wtf are they throwing that around for ... maybe we got an ice age happening the council are in the know Laughing

3 Re: Salt on 26th April 2015, 8:08 pm

ROB_IOW

the two star club
the two star club
They've got to use it ...
Sure if they don't use it they can't order the amount they want next year .. or somthing stupid like that

4 Re: Salt on 26th April 2015, 9:47 pm

johnny gtir

Yep must use there quoter within the year so next years budget is bigger and alows for more

(Hence why we pay so much)

5 Re: Salt on 26th April 2015, 9:57 pm

shroom

Its a stupid way of doing things. Its why every time April comes up I have to spec hundreds of laptops and tablets as there is always money left in the budget to waste on iPads or crap.

6 Re: Salt on 26th April 2015, 10:05 pm

grim_d

Well bloody spread it elsewhere and not where I drive a dissolving car!

Shroom, by all means throw some of those gadgets my way to make up for this crime.

7 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 7:17 am

gtir_woody

@shroom wrote:Its a stupid way of doing things. Its why every time April comes up I have to spec hundreds of laptops and tablets as there is always money left in the budget to waste on iPads or crap.

Speaking of apple, iphones are the biggest pieces of crap. Im phoneless at the moment, broke my second iphone this year fuming

8 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:27 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
I couldnt agree more ^^^^^^^
Apple are overpriced and shit lol ....

9 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:37 am

gtir_woody

I wish I could just have no phone, but then I couldn't access this forum on the go Laughing

10 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:39 am

shroom

Apple are the kings of marketing. They could sell a dog turd with an apple logo and some southerner would buy it Laughing

Now they are in nearly every classroom in the country and kids ages 4 are having iPads for Christmas.

11 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:54 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Don't use Apple stuff or android myself. i'm not paying people to stuff adverts in my face. do like some things about the iphone OS but only once jailbroken, don't like the cost or the lack of expandable memory though & happy with an old WM6.5.5 HD2 that fails to be broken in almost 5yrs of use.
UK Councils need hanging, amount those cocks waste on computer equipment/office equipment contracts is criminal indeed & seems you guys paying for it you need kick up a f00king storm of protest.

12 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 9:05 am

grim_d

Due to terrible design the wife has just this morning smashed her iPhone 6 screen. I despise apple products and their marketing. Terrible devices.

Mr B, having had android for a few years not sure what you mean about adverts? Some shady 3rd party apps may have ads but i dont use them, dont have any facetagram or instabook either, dont know if they have ads.

13 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 9:39 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Ive been on android for atleast 5 years and never had any issues with adverts .... i prefer android over apple ios anyday ...

14 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 9:52 am

gtir_woody

Hmmm maybe ill think about an android this time around, are there any advantages?

15 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 10:10 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Yeah its not apple lol .... advantages witb android ... you can download third party apps your dont have to plug it up to laptop or pc every 5mins to do stuff ... you can download torrents films direct to your phone .... need i go on lol ...

16 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 10:35 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
yeh android is very usable but I never took to it, it's an ugly hardware un-efficient mess, too many apps have add banners or tap into personal resources they don't really need, google services are a constant running source of data monitoring, sure you can root & tweak um about & use custom roms but I don't like the base platform enough to want bother.
Jailbreak the iphone & it starts to be far more pleasant to use but still too tied to iTunes for my liking & lack of status led & sd card slot is a huge no no for me. I'm sticking to WM6.5.5 till lack of repairable hardware forces a move ...

17 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 10:56 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Iphones are more usable once jailbroken but are still pretty wank imo ....
windows media are ok still not overly impressed with the platform same as nokia made them overly complicated with menus etc but i do believe your phone is discontinued now mr b ....

18 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 11:36 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Yeh my phone & WM6.5.5 is discontinued but I can still buy parts such as battery, lcd, digitizer etc.
Windows Mobile was better than android & android/apples inspiration & the foundation of smartphone ideas back in 2003. Unfortunately Miicrosoft didn't see the potential market & adapted Windows Mobile at a snails pace & without much needed improvement to benefit hardware touchscreen development.
WindowsPhone 7 & onwards was complete wank idea .
Probably will have to go to Android one day unless WP10 is particularly good or hackable :-/
Happy with my vintage Windows Mobile for present :-)

19 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 7:02 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I dont remember it like that .... it was always nokia leading the way .... followed by the blackberry wave thanks to those americans ... iphone was on the up then along with samsung lagging behind then andriod was launched and got huge ...

20 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 7:56 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Palm & WM2003SE lead the way, windows CE was base for first mainstream touch screen devices although with stylus .
No one remembers as not popular average use like the Nokias on Symbian.
Android was released in 2008 & Windows Mobile had been around for 5yrs & had very similar layout with notication at top & 3 sliding home screens that was borrowed by android :-/
I think iPhone was released in 2007, first iphone was very much like a Qtec s100 (HTC Magician) to look at :-/

21 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:12 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I remember the palm or HP windows Mobile device that had serial port could be used with cable for feeding OBD data much like torque app  & way before torque was ever coded. should find some old posts on that from 6 to maybe 8 yrs back as some creative owners used the windows mobile as a dash data display.

22 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:18 pm

MartyMG

SD card slots, replaceable batteries, Not Apple! Etc.

23 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:25 pm

grim_d

@MartyMG wrote:SD card slots, replaceable batteries, Not Apple! Etc.

Not always, HTC one m7, sealed unit, no sd slot.

Xperia z series, non removable batteries for waterproofing.

24 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:30 pm

MartyMG

I buy my Android phones from direct from China & there are millions to choose from on sites like fastcard.com
I'm in the pub writing this post on a 6" android 4.4 mtk octacore flip case phone I bought a year ago & its worked perfectly. Only cost £170 with insured postage, 3 batteries & flip case. Why pay more?

25 Re: Salt on 27th April 2015, 8:31 pm

MartyMG

Oops, that's fastcardtech.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum