Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Aero catches

Aero catches

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Aero catches on 10th May 2015, 10:06 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Went to fit the aero catches the other day, drilled the holes into the slam panel and put the bolt in that the aero catch clips on to and noticed that it looks as though I can't get the bolt to sit low enough even if screwed all the way down! So if I was to mount the catches and shut the bonnet the pin would be sticking right up out the bonnet of that makes sense? Any body fitted these and could put any pics up of how they have done there's? Iv seen Glenn's post but that doesn't help! Any help would be appreciated, cheers guys

2 Re: Aero catches on 10th May 2015, 1:53 pm

joetheeskimo

this would be helpful for me as well, my bonnet catch keeps getting stuck so going to toss it in the bin and fit some aerocatches.

3 Re: Aero catches on 10th May 2015, 5:20 pm

BEBB GTIR

the one star club
the one star club
I think theres a hole already in place near the N/S front headlight im sure I used this existing hole for the aerocatch and had to just drill a hole on the O/S, then pu the threaded bar as low as it will go into the body so the bonnet sits flush?

4 Re: Aero catches on 10th May 2015, 5:31 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Yes that's what I did, but it won't sit low enough so wanted to see if any body had adapted there's etc

5 Re: Aero catches on 10th May 2015, 10:04 pm

gtir_woody

@joetheeskimo wrote:this would be helpful for me as well, my bonnet catch keeps getting stuck so going to toss it in the bin and fit some aerocatches.

Mine gets stuck aswell or the cable is so tight it's almost impossible to pull.

6 Re: Aero catches on 11th May 2015, 12:09 am

grim_d

Get some lube in aboot it.

7 Re: Aero catches on 11th May 2015, 7:16 am

BEBB GTIR

the one star club
the one star club
Think I cut the bottom half of the threaded bar off so it's sits lower onto the metal bar, I'll take some pictures later for you mate

8 Re: Aero catches on 11th May 2015, 7:41 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
I know what you mean beeb, but that still won't help I could cut the threads off completely and it still wouldn't sit low enough

9 Re: Aero catches on 11th May 2015, 8:50 am

BEBB GTIR

the one star club
the one star club
heres mine, ive ground off the face of the catch so the bonnet doesn't catch it.

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

10 Re: Aero catches on 11th May 2015, 11:51 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
That's how I mounted mine but didn't seem to sit low enough scratch I will have to have another look when I get the car back

11 Re: Aero catches on 31st May 2015, 8:35 am

johnny gtir

Anyone fitted these to the boot ? Fitting a pair to my lightweight boot ain't looked yet but thought I would ask here any advice pics to give me a start

12 Re: Aero catches on 31st May 2015, 8:54 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Johnny you got any pics of how you've done yours??

13 Re: Aero catches on 31st May 2015, 9:02 am

gtirx2

Some pics of mine here,mounted mine the other way...

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t2506-aero-catches

14 Re: Aero catches on 31st May 2015, 9:03 am

johnny gtir

What bonnet ones ? Yes can take some

15 Re: Aero catches on 31st May 2015, 9:11 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Cheers gtirx2 and yes please Johnny, I just can't understand why every one else's fit but mine won't seem too? I must be doing something wrong

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum