Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Respectable ebay shop - any ideas

Respectable ebay shop - any ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 12:19 pm

boyciegtir325


Looking to buy new front discs and pads, are there any respectable ebay outlets anyone can recommend? Don't want to go mental and spend loads, the discs I'm running are just standard size, would be nice to the eye if they were grooved or drilled - many thanks.

2 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 1:09 pm

nomad

avatar
Admin
Admin
I would go dimpled not drilled .... i got kinetic grooved and dimpled discs all round ...not sure if they are still on ebay or not ...


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

3 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 2:17 pm

boyciegtir325


I saw your other post regarding drilled, yes I am happy to go dimpled, any idea what sites tho, I've heard some things are a total waste of time and money from ebay.

4 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 2:19 pm

grim_d

avatar
I recommend carbotech pads. Pricey but outstanding performance, I have the xp8 compound which I feel are maybe a little too aggresive for road use, next time I might try the ax6 road compound .

As for discs, pick the ones you like the look of and use a seller with good rep. Echo the above about not drilled. They are just lumps of metal really, the pads are tje important part.

5 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 6:14 pm

nomad

avatar
Admin
Admin
Whats your budget ????


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

6 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 6:19 pm

shroom

avatar
Yep don't go drilled my disks are starting to crack ever so slightly and is not worth the hassle in all honesty.

7 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 6:29 pm

nomad

avatar
Admin
Admin
Brake -depot seem to be flooding the market on ebay i have no idea how good they are as a company but seem to have loads of discs and disc and pad packages .... i saw a set of front grooved and dimpled discs for 71quid plus the same discs with yellow stuff pads for 137.....


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

8 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 11:32 pm

boyciegtir325


nomad wrote:Whats your budget ????
mintbitz are selling pads and dimpled grooved discs for around £130, I suppose this is roughly my budget.

9 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 25th June 2015, 11:33 pm

boyciegtir325


I shall check Brake depot out, thanks Nomad

10 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 12:34 am

hreggtir

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
grim_d wrote:I recommend carbotech pads. Pricey but outstanding performance,  I have the xp8 compound which I feel are maybe a little too aggresive for road use, next time I might try the ax6 road compound .

As for discs, pick the ones you like the look of and use a seller with good rep. Echo the above about not drilled. They are just lumps of metal really, the pads are tje important part.

Carbotech can do dimpled discs as well, I got a price off them for Pads, discs and braided hoses £310 +vat

discs £95 for pair
Pads £155
Hoses £60 for a set.

11 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 12:38 am

boyciegtir325


Jesus Dan, I wouldn't be able to put fuel in the car if I spent that, lol.

12 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 12:42 am

hreggtir

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
ha ha I know mate, ive been saying ill order them the last 2 months, something else always crops up and money goes else where. plus all my overtime has dried up this year compared to last so not easy. How's you anyway?


_________________
IM BIG, IM BAD, STEAL MY GRUB AND IL MAKE YOU SAD

13 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 10:00 am

grim_d

avatar
Xp8s for my k sports were £216 delivered. Shocked

Mega stopping power though. Standard brakes on no name pads are downright dangerous.

14 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 7:39 pm

luke s


If it's any help Iv got a ser of standard sized disks that are slotted only with yellow pads all made by ebc I'd sell them cheap and would tie you over to you make your mind up bud ??

15 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 26th June 2015, 11:41 pm

boyciegtir325


luke s wrote:If it's any help Iv got a ser of standard sized disks that are slotted only with yellow pads all made by ebc I'd sell them cheap and would tie you over to you make your mind up bud ??
certainly would help, I shall PM you, many thanks.

16 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 12:31 am

boyciegtir325


hreggtir wrote:ha ha I know mate, ive been saying ill order them the last 2 months, something else always crops up and money goes else where. plus all my overtime has dried up this year compared to last so not easy. How's you anyway?
Hi Dan, yeah all good mate, building an extension at the mo, bought a house, looked ok, then shrunk massively when the kids came over, now skint lol. Remember if your near this way to pop in. Not good about losing the overtime, those breaks may have to wait a while longer. Did I see something about a meet at The Grange, or did I dream it? Hope you and your kids are keeping well.

17 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 7:58 am

luke s


There's a chap selling some new 40 grove disks and ebc pads on aface book group called gti-r for sale only for £140 In Birmingham buddy

18 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 10:46 am

boyciegtir325


luke s wrote:There's a chap selling some new 40 grove disks and ebc pads on aface book group called gti-r for sale only for £140 In Birmingham buddy
cheers Luke, I can get them on ebay tho for same price incl delivery, could always make him an offer I suppose. Thx again.

19 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 11:52 am

Mr B

avatar
gtir technician
gtir technician
You don't want 40 groove they awful concept, about 6 grooves is all that needed.
Like has been said, the pads are the main factor for changing characteristic of braking, carbotech XP8 & some half decent standard discs such as Solid Ace or ADL would give good results for spirited road use but indeed not super cheap due to carbotech price.

20 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 2:02 pm

boyciegtir325


Mr B wrote:You don't want 40 groove they awful concept, about 6 grooves is all that needed.
Like has been said, the pads are the main factor for changing characteristic of braking, carbotech XP8 & some half decent standard discs such as Solid Ace or ADL would give good results for spirited road use but indeed not super cheap due to carbotech price.
Thanks Mr B, I don't really know anything about brakes, never had to, last car I worked on was my Mk 3 Cortina, yes I am one of the oldest GTiR drivers out there I think lol.

21 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 3:45 pm

Guest


Guest
Carbotech are worth every penny in my opinion, they aren't cheap for a very good reason ! It's like anything really if you want performance you are going to pay for it Smile do it once do it right.

22 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 27th June 2015, 7:03 pm

Mr B

avatar
gtir technician
gtir technician
A lot will depend on your car usage and what you want from your brakes but to make a good effort on standard callipers & you drive enthusiastically on road then carbotech are way to go. Would think set of carbotech pads & reasonable discs would be around £220 to £250. downside of carbotech is they squeal a bit & are dusty so be aware of that when purchasing.

23 Re: Respectable ebay shop - any ideas on 28th June 2015, 8:29 am

houghy_1


Just out of interest what's the prices on carbotech xp8's??
I've been quoted 170 quid for wilwood Midilites pads and 145 quid for the rears.
Are these good prices?
I've had to go cheap this time round, I spent 45quid delivered for clio 182 discs and 77 quid delivered for mintex 1144 pads.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum