Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Copper washers

Copper washers

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 7:32 am

johnny gtir

Ok so I suppose it differs slightly but this is the second time and I would not say I was under or over tightening what copper washers do you lads use on the turbo and the banjo bolts to block ? 

Want some spares for different kinds of brakes so what copper washers you using on them ?

2 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 7:41 am

Gtirchris

Nissan ones for me, but I guess you would be able to get most of the popular sizes from a motorfactors or plumbers merchant

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

3 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 12:37 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
for oil lines etc look at trying dowty bonded seals if getting constant issue.
I have a set of copper washers like in link below & had them a few years & few jobs without issue.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/ring-automotive-copper-sealing-washers-240-pieces/12460

4 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 1:40 pm

grim_d

If you are re-using copper sealing washers you can anneal them with a blowtorch to help them seal again.

Bonded seals are good too, see them at work in certain places but I bet they are expensive!

5 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 6:31 pm

pulsarmoley

Im with Mr B on the dowty washers. My copper washers kept weeping, replaced them with dowty ones and not had any leaks in 4 years

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

6 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 6:52 pm

johnny gtir

Nice one no I never reuse stuff new every time on things like that. Mr b link ones I find them just off the right size and the lip very thin.

7 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 8:26 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I never had any major problem with them copper crush washers, did have a banjo on some brakes once that wept & only stopped on 3rd fitting of new washers. most causes of weeping is scores, grooves & shit on the joint faces.
Dowty bonded seal types can be had in most hydraulic & engineering type outlets & they quite cheap around 30p to a £1 for bigger size ones, most stuff for car use would be 30 to 70p a seal generally, bet moley got access to loads of them :-)

8 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 9:46 pm

pulsarmoley

Not sure if my company stock them, if not I know a supplier locally. I will be replacing all mine again on the rebuild.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

9 Re: Copper washers on 5th July 2015, 10:39 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
There is plenty on ebay also ... aslong as you know what size your after ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum