Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Good job I had hubs blasted!

Good job I had hubs blasted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 6:50 pm

burrows1980

I had most of the parts blasted at a local blasters, quite a few smaller parts my mate said he'd do in work Very Happy cool keeps costs down!!  Rear arms etc hes done and various bolts brackets.  Beginning of the week, I gave him the only hub that I didnt get the local blasters to do as I was using it for mock up purposes, big brake setup.  The CV boot had split over it, basically it was in a really bad state.  He text me this morning moaning how bad it was and was struggling to get it all off, but had found a problem with the trackrod end part:

Cracked straight through, god only knows how long its been like that  Shocked   so thats something else to get from Bobs tomorrow  Laughing

Gaz

2 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 8:07 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
amazing what lurking under scales of dirt & rust.

3 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 8:13 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Thats lucky find really like you say its a good job you got them cleaned otherwise you would of been driving around with it ....

4 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 8:40 pm

burrows1980

Yeah, doesnt bear thinking about really. Bascially ive discovered over the last year or so it was a death trap Shocked

5 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 8:43 pm

robins

if you want a tip on sandblasting parts to save you some cash is clean all the grease off first
as unless your using heavy grit (not best for car parts) it can slow the process as the grease
acts like a sponge and kills the stripping speed a lot

6 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 9:19 pm

burrows1980

@robins wrote:if you want a tip on sandblasting parts to save you some cash is clean all the grease off first
as unless your using heavy grit (not best for car parts) it can slow the process as the grease
acts like a sponge and kills the stripping speed a lot

Ahhh makes sense! Think my mate would have appreciated that Laughing

7 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 9:40 pm

gtir_woody

I'm going to want to sand blast every part on my car now to check it Laughing

8 Re: Good job I had hubs blasted! on 23rd July 2015, 9:48 pm

burrows1980

/\
|
Laughing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]