Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » members other cars section » Project Fast Frenchy

Project Fast Frenchy

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 1st September 2015, 9:59 pm

Guest


Guest
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@nomad wrote:Wont the replacement windows just sit in the oe runners then ???
Not sure, never fitted them before. I have just emailed a polycarb window specialist and asked. If they do I will probably get some Very Happy


Got a reply back today, The polycarb windows are bolt in only. Will not work in auto or manual winders  Sad   Looks like I am waiting until they break then.

@GTI-R US wrote:Good work Tim

Ideally you need to get some alluminium or lightweight stuff and make up little box sections to house ecu, stereo and cable tidies or similar to tidy up the wirin a little

I plan to eventually. Need to get something to put the radio in, I can reach it now i've got bucket seats lol.  


once your cars stripped out do you think youll be able to hear the stereo

27 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 1st September 2015, 10:03 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
robd wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@nomad wrote:Wont the replacement windows just sit in the oe runners then ???
Not sure, never fitted them before. I have just emailed a polycarb window specialist and asked. If they do I will probably get some Very Happy


Got a reply back today, The polycarb windows are bolt in only. Will not work in auto or manual winders  Sad   Looks like I am waiting until they break then.

@GTI-R US wrote:Good work Tim

Ideally you need to get some alluminium or lightweight stuff and make up little box sections to house ecu, stereo and cable tidies or similar to tidy up the wirin a little

I plan to eventually. Need to get something to put the radio in, I can reach it now i've got bucket seats lol.  


once your cars stripped out do you think youll be able to hear the stereo


I can still hear the stereo if its loud enough and I have stripped out everything I can for now, I'm not sure how much I will hear once the Ktec Stealth exhaust with decat goes in Very Happy

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

28 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 1st September 2015, 10:05 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
@nomad wrote:Its probably because they are not curved like the oe ones i guess ... im sure if they are the exact size it should work ...

That's my guess to, a change in material shouldn't make a difference, so it much be a change in dimensions. I will look into it more once the electric windows give out, or I tear them out in frustration IF Rich beats me on track Very Happy

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

29 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 1st September 2015, 10:25 pm

Guest


Guest
@Trackslag172 wrote:
robd wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
@nomad wrote:Wont the replacement windows just sit in the oe runners then ???
Not sure, never fitted them before. I have just emailed a polycarb window specialist and asked. If they do I will probably get some Very Happy


Got a reply back today, The polycarb windows are bolt in only. Will not work in auto or manual winders  Sad   Looks like I am waiting until they break then.

@GTI-R US wrote:Good work Tim

Ideally you need to get some alluminium or lightweight stuff and make up little box sections to house ecu, stereo and cable tidies or similar to tidy up the wirin a little

I plan to eventually. Need to get something to put the radio in, I can reach it now i've got bucket seats lol.  


once your cars stripped out do you think youll be able to hear the stereo


I can still hear the stereo if its loud enough and I have stripped out everything I can for now, I'm not sure how much I will hear once the Ktec Stealth exhaust with decat goes in Very Happy

one of my cars is stripped out even if it did have a radio even on full im not sure id be able to hear it

30 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 2nd September 2015, 5:47 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
Today's minor update - New OMP 300mm Steering wheel



http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

31 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 8:53 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
Update:
I sprayed the interior. Its far from a professional job but it does the trick. I realise the colour choice is unusual but at least you will see it coming!
I have never spray painted before, so this was all a learning curve. I learned that I should have removed the windows first, that I should be more careful around the edges and mainly that I will never be a professional sprayer. But its done now, and its does the job of removing all those different shades of the blue interior.


















http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

32 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 9:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
moderator
moderator
What did you use to spray it. Think of the money you saved and good on you for doing it yourself

33 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 9:15 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
Just some cheap tins from ebay (then autocare when I ran out). Its not great when you see it close up, but it does the job. Not sure about the resale value though Very Happy

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

34 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 10:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
Well done for having a crack at it Tim thumbsup

Only way to learn is to have a go


_________________
GTI-R-US.co.uk
 In association with
Torque Of The South Motorsport

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

35 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 11:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Doesnt look that bad  so well done for having a go Wink


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

36 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 6th September 2015, 11:44 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
moderator
moderator
I like the colour, it's different Smile

37 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:07 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
Quick update.

The car is at Bobs have some bits done that I am not capable of doing my self.
Another gearbox has gone in as mine was shot.
Track rod end replaced
Polybushes all round for some extra stiffness (everyone loves extra stiffness)
Janspeed exhaust and decat (I helped put on the exhaust, I am capable of some things Very Happy )
Wheel studs with 15" OZ supperleggera wheels (I put on those too)














image url



Hopefully tomorrow there will be a rollcage and racing battery as well

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

38 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:10 pm

Guest


Guest
You got a good charger?a normal type charger will fuck up a race battery on the first charge

39 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:13 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
looking good Tim


_________________
IM BIG, IM BAD, STEAL MY GRUB AND IL MAKE YOU SAD

40 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Looks like its getting there ... well done .... Wink


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

41 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:25 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
robd wrote:You got a good charger?a normal type charger will fuck up a race battery on the first charge

By charger, I assume you mean alternator? If so yes, I only have the standard one. The battery I am getting is an ODYSSEY (PC680 PVR25).

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

42 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:28 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
@hreggtir wrote:looking good Tim

@nomad wrote:Looks like its getting there ... well done .... Wink

Cheers, its costing more than I planned, but its worth it to see Rich try to beat me Very Happy

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

43 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 11th September 2015, 9:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
It always does fella hopefully it wont be to stiff .... you need a neckbrace on a rope so when it gets to choppy it drops down ...lol


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

44 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 12th September 2015, 6:24 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
moderator
moderator
What Suspension you running ?

45 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 12th September 2015, 7:45 am

Guest


Guest
@Trackslag172 wrote:
robd wrote:You got a good charger?a normal type charger will fuck up a race battery on the first charge

By charger, I assume you mean alternator? If so yes, I only have the standard one. The battery I am getting is an ODYSSEY (PC680 PVR25).


no i meant battery charger
you cant use a normal type battery charger to charge them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVR22-Clubsport-Battery-and-Charger-/151240882297?hash=item2336a8b879

46 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 12th September 2015, 6:15 pm

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
robd wrote:
@Trackslag172 wrote:
robd wrote:You got a good charger?a normal type charger will fuck up a race battery on the first charge

By charger, I assume you mean alternator? If so yes, I only have the standard one. The battery I am getting is an ODYSSEY (PC680 PVR25).


no i meant battery charger
you cant use a normal type battery charger to charge them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVR22-Clubsport-Battery-and-Charger-/151240882297?hash=item2336a8b879

I didn't realise you meant a portable charger. I dont have one yet, but will look into it later. cheers

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

47 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 13th September 2015, 12:47 am

gtir.rich

gtir.rich
just had a good read, hummm. Cant wait to see the clio...in my mirrors haha

48 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 13th September 2015, 10:07 am

Trackslag172

Trackslag172
@gtir.rich wrote:just had a good read, hummm. Cant wait to see the clio...in my mirrors haha

You're defiantly getting on track then, no excuses this time? Very Happy

http://www.drakeelectrical.co.uk

49 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 13th September 2015, 6:02 pm

gtir.rich

gtir.rich
No excuses this time tim. I didnt know you would be so dedicated to the cause. I like it mate. See you Thursday morning

50 Re: Project Fast Frenchy on 13th September 2015, 7:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
moderator
moderator
any pics of the wide car rich ?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum