Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tool section » Spray Guns

Spray Guns

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Spray Guns on 7th February 2017, 9:51 pm

gtir_woody

Lol sorry Laughing I knew I should have posted a vid lol. It seems to be a lot better now after changing the set-up though.

52 Re: Spray Guns on 7th February 2017, 11:09 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
So what you spraying first ???

53 Re: Spray Guns on 7th February 2017, 11:19 pm

gtir_woody

Just the rear quarter mate.

54 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 7:41 am

gtir_woody

Painted the rear quarter today. Came up looking pretty good, being acrylic paint I need to give it a buff for the final result.

Paint looks even and I got no runs which was good, its not 100% but I'm happy with it. Started to feel a lot more confident by the last coat of clear.

Next time I think I need to have some more paint coming out of the gun and adjust the spray pattern abit, but for the first try I'm really happy. It was fun trying something new Smile

55 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 8:02 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Is fun painting small panels etc and even more so when get decent finish quite easily.
Would hate take on full proper effort respray at home though .
Is surprising how good these modern guns are for the cost .
Good here you having fun.

56 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 8:52 am

gtir_woody

The gun I used was $100, worked out better than I expected, at least I can do small jobs now. Will only get better over time aswell Smile

57 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 9:55 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Yeh takes time learn the equipment and paint products. I done a few bumpers wing panels and the likes for odd friend and neighbor when had a light car nudge, had some good results now familiar with local supplier products and got my preferred gun settings, spent lot of time spraying old scrap wing and bumper before moved to proper attempts.
Find I epoxy a lot of suspension stuff and brackets etc so not paying for powder coat and downtime of outsourcing it offers good saving .
Spraying wheels is useful too as cheap yet quite decent refurb option .

58 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 10:18 am

gtir_woody

its an art getting a proper good job thats for sure. Very good idea about wheels, I hadnt thought about that, I wouldnt mind giving my GTR wheels a freshen up if I can get the right colour thumbsup

59 Re: Spray Guns on 11th February 2017, 11:54 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Lot of it down to paint type and color, spraying straight color such as white in 2pack gives easy results
Black is a bastard, metallic and clear coats can be troublesome although just as small panels it easier get metallic good finish match, trying paints important too, I changed supplier after taking advice from a sprayer and different brand paints especially clear coats can give massive differences in ease of out the gun finish.
Once again just doing a panel or 2 is easier as can spend few hours flatting and polishing them to match finish texture better .
Wheels are good easy fun and seems last pretty good, I done a friends mk3 supra while I had it for engine rebuild. He fancied gold and I had some on shelf same as subaru so got him prep them and I sprayed them in 2K inc plastic caps but masked off cap hidden edges and retaining spring so fit easy and not scraping paint leading to clear coat edge lift etc, stayed proper tidy for well over 2yrs, was expecting heat and brake dust effect it quite quickly.
Think it helped that wheel left out in sun for over month while engine done so paint proper hard when fitted .

60 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 3:25 am

gtir_woody

So here's the final result, spent a few hours this morning with some 1500 wet and dry making sure I could get the best result out of it. Gave it a cut and polish.

This was last time with spray cans Laughing

And this time Smile

Much happier I spent more time and made a massive difference with wet and dry and more time polishing.

61 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 3:50 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Amazing what can do,, black one of worst too. Super useful tool ...

62 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 4:49 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Looks like a great job done ..... i never realised you had a disabled foot ....it must make clutch control very hard lol!

63 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 5:29 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
∆ lol

64 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 6:09 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
@nomad wrote:Looks like a great job done ..... i never realised you had a disabled foot ....it must make clutch control very hard lol!
Laughing
These ozys have some strange feet don't they mate haha

Looks like a great job you have done Chris.

65 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 8:41 pm

johnny gtir

Nice work

66 Re: Spray Guns on 19th February 2017, 8:45 pm

gtir_woody

Just one big foot for kicking people up the arse Laughing

Thanks guys, took some time and practice to finally get there lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum