Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Moving car with no front driveshafts in

Moving car with no front driveshafts in

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 9:09 am

wrc

As many of you know my car is sat with no engine/gbox/transfer box in and has been for a long time now. It has been moved around a yard a bit by pushing etc aswell as on the trailer to get it home.

I seem to have a lot of movement in the hub where the driveshaft would go, in the bearing. If I put the driveshafts in the front technically would it tighten the lot all up? The cv joint basically tightens the lot up when you bolt the driveshafts in if im correct?

Would any damage of been done moving the car with no front shafts in?

Thanks guys.

2 Re: Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 9:41 am

wrc

Also, bearing in mind all I have is obviously front hubs etc all in place and what will be a gearbox & transfer box in place is all I will need in this picture (the driveshafts at the bottom of the pic obviously)

Is there any sort of intermediate bracket for the long shaft etc?

Cheers guys.

3 Re: Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 10:01 am

gtir_woody

Yeah mate I made the same mistake ages ago. Either leave the driveshafts through the hubs or use a large bolt. The bearings will start to seperate and bind on the calipers/ rotors if don't have the drive shafts in.

4 Re: Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 10:05 am

wrc

Yeah that's what they've done I think mate, the rotors are loose and binding against the pad if we push it around.

Bearings fucked now? Or will they tighten up when I bolt a shaft in?

5 Re: Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 10:10 am

gtir_woody

Mate if your bearings are like that, I'd probably replace them, that's what I did anyway.

6 Re: Moving car with no front driveshafts in on 20th November 2015, 10:12 am

gtir_woody

Don't worry about it till everything is back to together though

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum