Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Gallery » Projects » As I said I would this is my new toy :)

As I said I would this is my new toy :)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 3rd January 2018, 2:36 pm

Bandyleg

152 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 3rd January 2018, 2:37 pm

Bandyleg

A few more bits getting ready for paint today.

153 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 3rd January 2018, 2:37 pm

Bandyleg

154 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 8th January 2018, 6:37 pm

Bandyleg

Thanks to the help of a couple of guys from the forum the timing is all sorted. A bit of guidence and a few whats app messages and its all good. Well apart from finding what appears to be a heat mark on the cam so im going to need to check the gaps before I go anyfurther. No visible or feelable damage but slight discolouration... indication of it either not getting oiled or one of the gaps isnt right...

155 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 12th January 2018, 6:32 pm

Bandyleg

The cam lobe issue seems to be down to the spray bar being partly blocked so that has been popped in a bucket of thinners over night, it was checked the following morning and it seems to have cleared so ive left it there for the weekend just to make sure.
After a good chunk of scrubbing cleaning and prep work several parts have been painted and put back on so its starting to look like an engine again.

156 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 12th January 2018, 6:32 pm

Bandyleg

Not quite sure why they are rotating when uploaded.

157 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 12th January 2018, 7:24 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Mine uploads do that I just rotate them before I upload ..... still engines looking fresh Wink

158 Re: As I said I would this is my new toy :) on 12th January 2018, 9:39 pm

Bandyleg

@nomad wrote:Mine uploads do that I just rotate them before I upload ..... still engines looking fresh Wink
I will try that thanks Smile

Its getting their, im.pleased with it. A lot of work still to do on it and dont even get me started on the shell lol. I intended just to clean it up get it running and drive it for a couple of years lol! its been off the road for those couple of years.

But on a plus side of not driving it I found that blocked spray bar and saved screwing the cam and anything else it may have caused issues with.

Bandyleg

Thats another couple of little jobs jobbed, spray bar is all unblocked and back on,

The sump has been nicely straightened out and re painted.
The feela gauges arrived today so im going to just double check the cam to rocker gap to make sure thats all okay.

gtir_woody

Good to check those gaps, dont want to wreck the rest of the engine and end up like me lol

Bandyleg

No one wants to end up like you Laughing
But you are right its always nice when get a good gap lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum