Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » David Haye

David Haye

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1David Haye  Empty David Haye on 15th January 2016, 10:30 pm

shroom

shroom
Anyone watching the fight tomorrow? Its on Dave so free to watch.

Not an amazing match up but will still be good to watch, seems like the Heavyweight devision could be getting itself together a bit again with some interesting prospects.

Thoughts? :-)

2David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 15th January 2016, 10:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Im going to give it watch seems it could be an alright fight ....

3David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 15th January 2016, 10:55 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Glad you reminded me it was on. Yeah I will give it a watch.
Dont think haye will get to fight Tyson fury ever tho. He wouldn't give fury the time or day when he held his belts...
Now the shoe is on the other foot.
I don't think the heavy weight devision has much about it at the moment.
Waiting for Anthony Joshua to have a few more tested fights to see if he will cut it in the big league.

4David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 15th January 2016, 11:09 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Just looked and its on at 4 in the afternoon. Wtf? Laughing

5David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 15th January 2016, 11:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Oh bollox im working .... thought it was in the evening Rolling Eyes

6David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 15th January 2016, 11:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I have never known boxing be on so early.

7David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 12:38 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I got the time wrong. Its on at 9pm.
It was the build up that I saw earlier..

8David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 1:17 am

Papajohns

Lol 4pm.

Heavy weight is pretty boring, but I'll watch the haymaker.

I think Genaky glovkin GGG is fighting in April/may time now that kid is one to watch. Would kill khan('t)

9David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 11:10 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Let's face it. Almost everyone would kill khan.

I woukd love to see how eubanks jnr would do without his dad in his corner. I think he holds him back and without him he woukd be loads better than he already is!
Looking forward to his rematch with Billy joe Saunders.

10David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 2:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
drop me a text at around 8.30 to remind me to watch it please Stu Very Happy

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 3:19 pm

shroom

shroom
Its good to actually watch it live not on youtube the day after. These ppv fights are quite expensive! And whenever I pay for them a complete let down. Never forget staying up till god knows what to watch Ricky hatton fight floyd for him just to get nocked out lol

12David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 4:40 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I dont pay for ppv anymore. I pay for boxnation and they have some good title fights on. And a lot of localised fights too.
I have tried watching the ppv on free sites but get bombarded by popups and adverts and the streaming is shite.

13David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 9:31 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
The fight shoukd be starting soon.

14David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 9:57 pm

shroom

shroom
And its over already haha that guy was wank

15David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 16th January 2016, 10:11 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Haye was impressive! Hes an exciting fighter.
The heavy weight scene has just got exciting again Smile

16David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 17th January 2016, 12:21 am

Papajohns

I was stupid enough to think haye might win on points decision lol even had a cheeky fiver on demori, thought he might come out swinging and get lucky.

Looked like we might of had a fight when demori was godeing haye to hit him, then he just like he was scared after a couple more hits , then haye found his off switch......... Good night sweetheart

17David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 17th January 2016, 9:17 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti
Was up at 9.45pm, fell asleep in front of the sofa, woke up at 10.30pm and its over.....waste

18David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 17th January 2016, 11:22 am

shroom

shroom
Yeah I was a little hesitant thinking demori could stay in there. As you said Stu Haye is explosive and sparked him straight out. Shame he didnt put up more of a challenge although its only a tune up fight and the guy has been of for 3/4 years competing so cant complain
Will be good to see all these names mix it up.

19David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 9:00 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL
I was there Saturday night.... had great seats.... a lot of money for not much fight though ! Rolling Eyes

Atmosphere was good - the guy next to my brother was De Mori's best mate apparently - he left pretty sharpish once Haye had knocked him out !

I follow boxing closely - looking forward to seeing Haye get back in the Heavyweight mix

Did anyone catch the Wilder fight in the U.S later that night ? He didn't look great but won with a rather brutal KO..... then Fury got in the ring and started acting up !!
Give Haye maybe another 2 domestic fights before he's back in the big fights.

20David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 9:22 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I didnt see the wilder fight. Caught the highlights. Brutal knockout!
Fury is disrespectful! If someone had done that to him aftrr he had just won a fight he would be livid!
I'm not keen on all this hype talk and getting into fighters faces and personal space.
I know some fighters do it and it gets people talking... but there's no need for it! Do the talking in the ring with your skill set not run your mouth.
I'm always watching boxing. Always have since I was a kid. My claim to fame is that my brother was trained my the late len woodalls. Rich woodalls dad.
They were close friends of the family Smile
Would be good to see fury and wilder matched up after fury has had the rematch with klitchko. If he wins that is.
And then haye v wilder would be an exciting match up.
Haye called out aj after his fight lol I don't think aj is ready to step up to this yet. He needs another year before he goes big. His last fight he was tested and nearly came unstuck!
The heavy weight scene has certainly exploded over the last 2 years Smile
Bet you was glad that Hayes fight was over with a ko rather than a boring 12 rounds of nothing..

21David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 9:43 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL
Good to hear your such a keen fan Stu - so many people into UFC these days boxing gets over looked. Not that i have anything against MMA - i know how hard the pro's train - im just more into boxing - like you - have been since a kid.
I try to get to as many UK fights as the wallet will allow and watch anything that is on the TV - although the PPV are starting to get a bit much !
Agree with everything you said above mate !
Haye calling out AJ is a bit silly ! Haye can see the pound notes there and probably wants to jump on AJ before he gets to much more experience BUT like you said he wont get that fight anytime soon. AJ probably get the the European belt next then would be well matched against Charles Martin for the IBF belt - he didn't look that great and wont be champ for long.
Fury - Klitschko re-match will be interesting - i don't see Fury having such an easy night next time round but if he does get the job done a unification with Wilder would be good.... then Haye will be just about in the running by then to be waiting for his shot...

I'm looking forward to the Frampton - Quigg fight next !!!!
Who's your money on ?

22David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 12:27 pm

shroom

shroom
Richie Woodall! what a legend from Telford. met him once as a boy as I used to train at the Severnside boxing club in Shrewsbury. Shame I always loved boxing started at 13 up until 16 then on and off until 18 but Never really took off as I dislocated my shoulder 6 times from the results of club rugby so that didn't help matters Laughing

I also did watch a bit of MMA but prefer boxing hands down. Its good to see some flame coming back into the Heavyweight division after all these years. I remember watching the likes of Michael Sprott and Audley thinking what has happened Laughing

There is no way they would ruin a amazing prospect like AJ and plonk him with Haye any time soon. Well I wouldn't that's for sure. As you said he has only just had his first test so another year under his belt and he may make life hard for the old Hayemaker.

I really hope Klitchko will come out of his shell this time around and do the work on Fury. It takes an upset like that to shock someone to actually work for the titles he had. In saying that it wouldn't be bad for him to wave good bye to Heavyweight boxing as he has been quite boring for so long!

23David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 2:04 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Thats a tough one to call. Both good boxers. Carl frampton is my call on points.
I bet the odds are equal like they were for Saunders and Lee.

I used to watch ufc quite a bit but only along side boxing.
Boxing didn't get much covariate a few years back.
Channel 5 and itv4 brought it back tho the other year and with espn friday night fights being shown you had quite a lot to view.
Shame that espn friday night fights has finished! Teddy atlas is a dick tho haha
I watch boxnation now and BT sports. Aswel as the kotv weekly on channel 4.
Its a shame itv4 and channel 5 don't get as many fights now tho. Guess it's all down to money tho.
I havent seen Queensbury belt on espn for ages. That was good to view.

24David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 2:24 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL
Shroom - bang on the money about Sprott & Harrison - that was a sad time for British heavyweight boxing.... the only other fighter that injected a slight bit of excitement was David Price but after he got exposed by Thompson twice his rise to fame was rather short lived !
AJ will be guided the right way and then he'll get the huge payday fights and by then be seasoned enough to take on the Hayes etc.

Stu - it's crazy how different broadcasters have shown and lost interest in boxing over the years !
Unfortunately the money is bigger these days and the huge fights on PPV line the pockets of all involved. I think what Matchroom have done for boxing is very clever teaming up with Sky - just as shame the die hard fans have to pay so much to see it - oh well

Agreed with the Frampton - Quigg thing - i like Quigg personally - but that's just for his stlye of boxing - whatever happens it will be a epic tear up unification bout !

25David Haye  Empty Re: David Haye on 18th January 2016, 6:18 pm

shroom

shroom
Danny Williams and Matt Skelton were another two in that time which were so boring. It was just a massive fat pie eaters slapfest no power or speed in anything. The Klitchkos were dominant and there was just a handful of small outclassed european and american fighters back then. It is nice to see some real names come through for once!

I used to like the random matches on Eurosport not sure if they show anything now as was a few years ago and I dont have Sky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum