Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Rotisary

Rotisary

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rotisary  Empty Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 2:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
As in title need one for my project anyone got out for sale or a good example measurements so I can knock one up ?

2Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 3:20 pm

Try eBay all the unwanted Xmas presents will be on

3Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 3:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
mr burrows done a nice one so he may have some measures & advise .

4Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 4:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
As above ....he may have finished with it now ....

5Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 9:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Yes was hoping for this if someone has one would be ideal hopefully he sees this and comments

6Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 10:30 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980
Err, I did have one scrapped it two weeks ago Rolling Eyes I bent a few pieces when getting the car off, I was going to weigh it in but at 5p a kilo I couldn't be arsed with the hassle for around a £1. So dumped it at my local tip.

You can pick up a universal one for a few hundred quid, think a lad I know has an Evo 8 on one at the moment, cost him £250 I'll ask him tomorrow.

It cost me around a £100 to make, oh and two supermarket trolleys for the wheels.

I used 60 X 60mm box 3mm thick for the main frame with 10mm plate for the gussets.  Top pivot was 60mm tube 5mm thick internal tube 50mm tube again 5mm thick. The T section that was mounted to car was 50 X 50mm box 2mm thick, parts that were to slide through the 60x60 box I added plate steel to make it tighter and stronger, just got good measure added 3mm thick angle under the long section holding the car to stop any flex.

Spent 3 evenings laying down some heavy welds inbetween the bastard welders duty cycle grrrrr! But did the job:

Rotisary  IMG_4344_zps4ffa1e28

Rotisary  IMG_4358_zpsef48cddf

Rotisary  IMG_4363_zps10b39c4b

Rotisary  IMG_4371_zps4ba86ea0

Rotisary  IMG_4379_zpscd69e9b9

Rotisary  IMG_4425_zpsec0c1a4c

^the first wheels I put on we're crap so err.....

Rotisary  IMG_4394_zpsfd2277c6

Came in handy Laughing

The pivot point I think from memory was 1000mm to the centre from the top of the bottom part of frame where the huge gusset is mounted on.  This height was fine for where I mounted the rotiserie to the car, upside down the roof of the car cleared the frame by a good few inches. Just make sure the gusset doesn't catch the rotating part of the frame before welding it in!

Rotisary  IMG_4519_zps8e80b2c1

Rotisary  IMG_4510_zpsd7fbe7e8

I also added a long piece of box to connect both ends together, so when moving it around they didn't pull apart etc, quick lick of cheap unbranded metal paint job done.

Things I'd do different if I ever built one again would be to add hydraulic Rams to lift the car up and down on it, as using trolley jacks and fence posts were quite hairy at times! Especially when the halfords special pissed it's oil out everywhere!

Gaz

7Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 19th January 2016, 11:51 pm

Papajohns

Couple of years ago now Johnny but there was one in that unit we had on jubilee industrial estate . Williams might know where it ended up

8Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 20th January 2016, 12:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
^ great write up Gaz thumbsup

9Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 20th January 2016, 7:36 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Yes do I give him a rep point for help or a hate point for taking it to the tip lol. Rep point thanks

10Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 20th January 2016, 7:37 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
@Papajohns wrote:Couple of years ago now Johnny but there was one in that unit we had on jubilee industrial estate . Williams might know where it ended up
Might ask prob long gone might knock one up

11Rotisary  Empty Re: Rotisary on 20th January 2016, 8:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
When I first read this it reminded me of my first job for 3 years... cooking chickens chicken thank fook I dont have to stuff those things every day anymore Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum