Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Opinions Hi-tec brakes?

Opinions Hi-tec brakes?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 6:47 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
Well as title says everyone.... opinions on hitec calipers?? 4 pots...
Been offered them with discs and pads for.my 8 pots...

2 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 6:51 pm

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
Hi spec ?

3 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:07 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
Yeah apparently lol!

Serious though yes sorry it's Bloody predictive text on my phone.

4 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:11 pm

hreggtir

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Ive got em still waiting to go on mine. They are only down the road from me, I know they are always busy, took over 2 weeks to make my discs. few R's on here with them on can tell you more but highly rated from what I hear.


_________________
IM BIG, IM BAD, STEAL MY GRUB AND IL MAKE YOU SAD

5 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:20 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
Ok bud, ta for that.. I think I'll stick to tried and tested and well known when it comes to brakes.

6 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:21 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
I think I'm also part snob lol

7 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:23 pm

hreggtir

avatar
Events Organiser
Events Organiser
I've got Carbotech pads going on as well. They're your way


_________________
IM BIG, IM BAD, STEAL MY GRUB AND IL MAKE YOU SAD

8 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:23 pm

shroom

avatar
I have had them on 3 of my Rs and always liked them. My one R has the 280 discs and if I plant my foot it stops seriously quickly. The other has the 320mm larger setup but not fitted yet. I have dealt with the company as I needed a fitting kit and new dust boots. Cost a few quid and send straight out always had a really good service with them.

9 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 7:28 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
Thanks guys Smile

I'll bare it in mind.

10 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 8:13 pm

PartyPete

avatar
the one star club
the one star club
Had them on mine with the carbotech pads and they were awesome, best way to put it! Practically put me through the windscreen with those pads in. Would have them again!

11 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
I personally rate them over willwods

12 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 8:46 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
johnny gtir wrote:I personally rate them over willwods

That's interesting..
Why's that?... I've not had either.

13 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 9:05 pm

shroom

avatar
I had a set of Wilwoods too, braided hose that came with them failed and was a right pain trying to find any info on what exact calipers I had and how I could sorce any as they were a specific fitting for the calipets. Hispec have standard fittings so much easier and can phone them.

14 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 9:22 pm

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
The car I fitted them to (pulsar) not mine found them not the best think they were lower end but I could see calipers flexing. 

I love my tarrox 6 pot compact range fit under 16 and designed for the R so are my tarrox 6pot 320 not that ther fitted yet but drove one with.  tell you what there as good as my big ap or not far off. I do run hispec for pots on one of my R,s at present and that's where I get my above statement of better than willwoods (read somewhere wilwods have no dust covers and or need rebuilt more often due to this) 

Also drove A R with k sport 8pots and I think they look the nuts but the master cylinder ain't desinged for them. I found the k sport 4 pots to work as well as the 8s. Out of all the pads I highly rate carbotec expensive and dusty but the best performance both cold and hot. I run bigger rear discs. Had a lot of brake set ups and drove R's with many set ups. Not all in anger as respect others cars but there my opinions and would back them up with examples

15 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 9:36 pm

Guest


Guest
youll find mixed reviews with them really some rate wilwood better some rate hispec better
unless they had had more staff training hi spec were only marginally better at customer service than godspeed
rally design work with wilwood and service is spot on
personally id save up and buy ap brakes

16 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 9:40 pm

GTIR James


Agree my hi specs seem good with carbotech xp8s. I think they are shite with other pads tho & they go under 15s

17 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 9:51 pm

mightydquinn

avatar
I originally had 2 pulsars, one with 4 pot wilwoods and one with 4 pot hi spec brakes, the high spec brakes gave a much shorter brake pedal travel which I preferred! I then bought the same billet 4 hi spec set up in blue to match my car, and now have the hi spec 6 pot R132 race set up with 335mm discs, carbotech xp10's and xp12's for track, and they're really good, if anything too sensitive as I only tickle the brakes when on the road and feel like it's trying to put me through the windscreen!!

18 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 10:24 pm

Papajohns


johnny gtir wrote:The car I fitted them to (pulsar) not mine found them not the best think they were lower end but I could see calipers flexing. 

I love my tarrox 6 pot compact range fit under 16 and designed for the R so are my tarrox 6pot 320 not that ther fitted yet but drove one with.  tell you what there as good as my big ap or not far off. I do run hispec for pots on one of my R,s at present and that's where I get my above statement of better than willwoods (read somewhere wilwods have no dust covers and or need rebuilt more often due to this) 

Also drove A R with k sport 8pots and I think they look the nuts but the master cylinder ain't desinged for them. I found the k sport 4 pots to work as well as the 8s. Out of all the pads I highly rate carbotec expensive and dusty but the best performance both cold and hot. I run bigger rear discs. Had a lot of brake set ups and drove R's with many set ups. Not all in anger as respect others cars but there my opinions and would back them up with examples

8snotters


brakes brakes brakes,there a science in them selves, if your MC doesn't match your piston cc, you'll end with a spongy pedal,longer travel and reduced braking efficiency or some bollocks like that

Still like Johnny says they look the shiz-no

19 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 10:32 pm

nomad

avatar
Admin
Admin
They look a very snug fit to the wheel .... looks like a few mm between them top and bottom ...


_________________
"Official post whore" and all round superhero....

20 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 10:38 pm

Bandyleg

avatar
robd wrote:youll find mixed reviews with them really some rate wilwood better some rate hispec better
unless they had had more staff training hi spec were only marginally better at customer service than godspeed
rally design work with wilwood and service is spot on
personally id save up and buy ap brakes

Lol and that's another brand in the mix, I understand people.have preferences based on experience and usage. I'm swapping my 8 pots and have been offered both, hispec in 280mm and willwood in 322 mm, now both will.apparently fit under 16s with the right wheel.
A science is.one word for it, I guess if money isn't an issue you can do as you please and pick what you want. I'd keep the 8 pots but just way over kill for the driving ill be doing, plus cost of new bits for them is an expense I don't need.
I've never herd of caliper flex before but then I've never looked this way into brakes before.

I think on this occasion I'm going with my gut and sticking to my thoughts of the wilwood 322.

How did you spot flexing... not that I'm doubting just curios.

21 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 11:08 pm

Moss Ali


Anyone tried black diamond discs ? I'm thinking of getting them for the rears and ebc yellow stuff pads all around. I think they give the best bang for your money

22 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 11:11 pm

johnny gtir

avatar
moderator
moderator
Someone in the car pumping brakes and the braket was slightly moving but the caliper itself was creaking and bulging  and they were not old ones or anything

23 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 24th January 2016, 11:23 pm

Papajohns


You think carbotech is expensive, try project mu!

For my Brembo setup xp 10's are £185 the project mu,s are £380

Whatever you decide to do it'll be infinitely better than the oe milk bottle tops

24 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 25th January 2016, 7:54 am

FPSChris

avatar
Had hi-tec 8 pots on mine when I got it, nothing wrong with them at all. Stopped quicker than any car I've owned, they did fade after a few laps with some very hard braking.

Had the 330mm disc setup, wouldn't fit under anything other than 18s though hence my descision to go for a different setup. Tires are expensive!

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

25 Re: Opinions Hi-tec brakes? on 25th January 2016, 7:59 am

gtir_woody

avatar
moderator
moderator
Papajohns wrote: 8snotters


brakes brakes brakes,there a science in them selves, if your MC doesn't match your piston cc, you'll end with a spongy pedal,longer travel and reduced braking efficiency or some bollocks like that

Still like Johnny says they look the shiz-no

Man they fill those wheels good, looks rad

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum