Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » takes about 7 attempts to start

takes about 7 attempts to start

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 6:13 pm

joetheeskimo

So my car has been sat for nearly a year now. 9 month with a new/2nd hand engine
Ever since the engine has been in it takes about 7 attempts to start. First 3 attempts it will start then just cut out after 1 to 2 seconds of running next few attempts it runs but is more lumpy and if you give it ant revs it cuts out. After about 6 or 7 try it will start and idle fine.if you the turn it off and try again it fine. If however you leave it for halt or a whole day you have to go through the above 6 or 7 times again before it will start and ideal ok.

Any ideas what this could be.

Thanks

2 Re: takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 6:43 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
Old fuel?
Dirty plugs?
Furred up terminals in dizzy cap?
Congeled fuel in fuel filter?

3 Re: takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 6:45 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
How long have you had it ticking over for? Have you got it upto temperature yet?

4 Re: takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 7:14 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
I was going to say fuel and filter, dizzy a good place to look as well

5 Re: takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 7:46 pm

johnny gtir

Check spark. Fuel struggling. Dose it prime ok before you turn the key ? wounder if it's like air locking or intank filter blocking up. Take fuel pipe off rail and see how much it puts into a  bottle.

6 Re: takes about 7 attempts to start on 4th February 2016, 8:30 pm

joetheeskimo

I will check these things. I belive it could be old fuel as the fuel was sat in the tank for 6 months before starting it.
When ignition is turned on you can hear the pump priming. I do not have the charcoal canister any more.
I try to get the running at least once a week and allow it to get warm and run for about 10-15mins.
I will change the fuel filter and also clean the plugs and see if that helps.
Thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum