Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » God dam it's in!!!!

God dam it's in!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 8:34 pm

Bandyleg

Well the new engine is in!! Not running yet as called it a day about half an hour ago but it's bloody in!!

So at same stage this week I'll get a new thread up for my "project" ☺

2 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 8:40 pm

gtir_woody

Awesome mate, great to hear its coming along. Didn't have any problems removing the old and inserting the new engine?

3 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 8:53 pm

Bandyleg

Cheers woody Smile

Problems.... hmmm endless amounts lol could we frig get the mounts to line up using the trolly jacks and timber haha.

So we got the engine support out and a bit of a wiggle and a few choice words and back in it went.

Fit the new excedy 3 pok clutch and flywheel so I'm looking forward to walking with a limp

4 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 9:00 pm

gtir_woody

I know the feeling mate. I struggled with getting the mounts lined up aswell. Bet you cant wait to get it sorted Smile

5 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 9:05 pm

Spark plug spike

Well done Foxy, you will be up and running in no time mate.

6 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 9:12 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Nice one goodpost .... so what you got left just abit of bolting up intercooler pipes and so on to do ???

7 Re: God dam it's in!!!! on 6th February 2016, 9:44 pm

Bandyleg

Yeah pretty much just the above, also need to fit the uprated fuel pump. A bit of wiring and the vacuum pipes and so on, z32 maf sensor re wiring. Gear box pill seen as it all fell out Smile .

Also the banjo bolt for the power steering snapped as soon as I took it off so need to resolve that as well.

Hmmm I think that's about it. If I fall over anywhere it's gonna be the little vacuum pipes as this engine had a manual boost control and the set up is marginally different.

I'm gonna change the title of "as I said in would" to my project as it keeps it all under one roof and I can vent my frustrations in there to do with the now to be project. Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum