Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » footman james

footman james

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 footman james on 16th February 2016, 6:01 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
Just phoned footman James for a quote and they said they don't class a pulsar gtir as a classic car anymore. They have to be 30 years old now.
When I told them I knew people already insured with them with a pulsar gtir. They said they changed their policies a week ago.

I feel mugged off Sad

2 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 6:21 pm

shroom

What the fook, so some people will have a crap renewal?

3 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 7:04 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
I guess so. Unless they were bull shitting me lol

4 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 7:07 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Thats not good ... quite a few members use them ... how can they change the policy as its a written contract wich they have to honour untill it runs its course  ???

5 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 7:39 pm

shroom

Seems strange why they would change it to 30 chist another 5 years poor Stu will be having his hip replacements by then.

Was the price much more Stu? Compared to a classic policy or didnt you go that far

6 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 7:45 pm

gtir_woody

Thats what pisses me off about insurance companies, they can change their policy etc at anytime without telling you

7 Re: footman james on 16th February 2016, 8:00 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
@shroom wrote:Seems strange why they would change it to 30 chist another 5 years poor Stu will be having his hip replacements by then.

Was the price much more Stu? Compared to a classic policy or didnt you go that far
I didnt even get chance to give them any details :/
I have had a quote off the company I'm using for my golf.
Its not a classic policy and the agreed value is £7k with mods declared and 7000 miles a year. £612 one off payment it raises to £682 if I pay by installments.
So im going to just go with that as I can't be arsed to phone around to try and get it cheaper..

8 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 8:23 am

splmum

We have a similar here (NSW Australia) with registration, used to be 25 years for historic and 2 years ago they changed it to 30 years.

9 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 8:36 am

pulsarmad20

Insurance seems to be expensive ^^ I pay 450 euros a year unlimited mileage third parti Fire and theft

10 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 8:45 am

gtir_woody

@splmum wrote:We have a similar here (NSW Australia) with registration, used to be 25 years for historic and 2 years ago they changed it to 30 years.

I saw some crap about the government were looking at getting rid of rego down south?

11 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 9:06 am

splmum

Yeah, they want us to pay for the amount of 'road use' or some wank proposal and licenses will be 'electronic'. It all works out that you will pay no matter what as the bean counters won't let you get away with anything.
It's also like personalised number plates, when I got mine they were $45 for life, now they want $140 a year, just another rip off.

12 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 9:41 am

Bandyleg

Stu did you take that quote yet??
If not give this place a call and see what they can do for you.. Im interested in knowing if they can beat your quotes..

https://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/jap-import-car-insurance/nissan-car-insurance/nissan-pulsar-gti-r/

13 Re: footman james on 18th February 2016, 9:47 am

gtir_woody

@splmum wrote:Yeah, they want us to pay for the amount of 'road use' or some wank proposal and licenses will be 'electronic'. It all works out that you will pay no matter what as the bean counters won't let you get away with anything.
It's also like personalised number plates, when I got mine they were $45 for life, now they want $140 a year, just another rip off.

They change things only to fook you more some other way mate

14 Re: footman james on 22nd February 2016, 4:17 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
When they say they have changed their policy do they mean specifically for the Gtir or do they now only do classic insurance for cars 30 years and over? I have two cars insured with them and was hoping to buy and insure another car that is a pre 1995 car.

15 Re: footman james on 22nd February 2016, 7:41 pm

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
More confusing is the fact that I have "drive other classics" as part of my policy with footman James that allows me to drive any car that is over 25 years old and I'll be covered 3rd party. Where do I stand with that then if they've changed their policy about what constitutes a "classic"?

16 Re: footman james on 22nd February 2016, 8:10 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Your policy will be defined as in your policy written details, so if states 25yr for a classic then that's what it will be.
it justs a case of if renew or taking a new policy with them they may not be classing classic at under 30yrs of age !

17 Re: footman james on 23rd February 2016, 2:53 am

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Well I hope I can insure it next time because I've lost my no claims bonus now as I just use classic insurance so I might have to sell the car and get something older Crying or Very sad I hope not because I really don't want to have to sell it but with zero no claims bonus I'll never insure it Mad

18 Re: footman james on 23rd February 2016, 7:21 pm

johnny gtir

Surly it's honoured untill renewal date where they will inform you they can not renew your policy. I just had it but was not a classic car policy

19 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 1:02 am

Hardy172cup

the one star club
the one star club
Well if they change their classic policy to 30 years old then I'm going to have to buy an older car Laughing maybe I could try to find myself the bluebird that came with atessa 4wd and the SR20DET lol. I hope it doesn't come to that though, I'll just have to stop being a tight arse, bit the bullet and buy regular insurance like the good old days Rolling Eyes lol
I'm interested to see what happens when somebody's renewal comes up with footman James

20 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 7:53 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
^ shop around, plenty other insurance companies may still do 25yr+ classsic insurance if FJ not .
Not too long before Pulsars hitting the big three-o ...

21 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 9:21 am

shroom

Im with NFU and underwitten by footman james (i think) but need to check and renewed yesterday for 138 quid for the year so no mention of 30 years

22 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 9:50 am

Bandyleg

@shroom wrote:Im with NFU and underwitten by footman james (i think) but need to check and renewed yesterday for 138 quid for the year so no mention of 30 years

I need to steal your Identity!! For insurnce puproses only of course Very Happy thats bloody cheap! Its pretty amazing how different peoples insurences are, I know their is a lot of factors involved but it is still suprising, I moved house and genuinly I could walk to my old house in less than 5 minutes... It was also classed as a "Posh" end of town... Yet I paid higher insurance rates than I do now. its crazy how they work, Im sure they just make it up as they go along.

23 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 12:26 pm

shroom

Rural area and NFU only insure that type of areas as Stu tried and they wouldn't insure him. Also its locked in a garage and obviously has no modifications Very Happy

24 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 12:28 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
@shroom wrote:Rural area and NFU only insure that type of areas as Stu tried and they wouldn't insure him. Also its locked in a garage and obviously has no modifications Very Happy
Yeah they wouldn't insure me because I didn't live in the shire and didn't have a brothel full of sheep sheep shag

25 Re: footman james on 2nd March 2016, 1:45 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
^ lol
Worth getting the whore barn & sheep if gets you R insurance for £138, that is bloody cheap for a 25 year old hillbilly lol
would imagine even small engined run of mill hatch would be just about same for most people .

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum