Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH

OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 9:36 am

mightydquinn

Hello all,

It looks like I have just about destroyed my clutch, I have done a couple of years or so with this clutch, so could now do with another and I actually liked this clutch.

I am wondering if anyone knows the best company/cheapest place for me to get another Os Giken R2CD??

Cheers Chris.

Last edited by mightydquinn on 9th April 2016, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 9:38 am

shroom

Cant you get the rebuild kits for it? Im sure you can or is it really broke

3 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 9:40 am

mightydquinn

You can pal, but I've ducked it really, all the plates are warped and the flywheel looks like I've just sat there with a blow torch melting bits of it for a few hours!! Lol! Surprisingly though, it's actually still holding the power! (472!) and I've only realised as we've taken my box out to fix it again!!

4 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 6:08 pm

johnny gtir

Got someone getting you a price monday. If you find anywher in the mean time let me know your best price mate

5 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 9:57 pm

mightydquinn

Alright Johnny, nice one, I'll not order one or search around too much until I hear from you then! As a quick look I found RHD Japan sell them for 132046yen........ Which if u want to tell your mate translates to about £50ish! But I don't mind paying slightly more than £50! Lol! I'll speak to u soon, cheers! Smile

6 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 10:35 pm

shroom

Thats usually what I tell the Mrs everything costs. Its amazing what you can get for 50 quid!

7 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 9th April 2016, 11:16 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
^ Works out about £850gbp in real world, rhd shipping costs can be bad ...
£50 would be nice, I would take 10 if want do group buy :-)

8 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 10th April 2016, 8:37 pm

mightydquinn

£50 is wha everything costs! Lol! My whole forge engine rebuild took a bit of time..... And a full costing of £50! Haha!
I'll order u 10 Mr B when I get them for £50 each, no problem!!
Hopefully Johnny will have me something good lined up tomorrow if I'm lucky! Smile

9 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 10th April 2016, 8:45 pm

johnny gtir

You got anything to go off a price to try and better ? Even if it is from abroad gives something to try and beat them down with

10 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 10th April 2016, 10:00 pm

shroom

Rhd are doing em for 850

11 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 6:02 am

johnny gtir

All in tax paid etc ?

12 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 11:01 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
^ I doubt it, that probably exc delivery & import tax .
Average sort of price as starting point is probably about £1,200 to £1,400 (higher price representing fact you uk guys get wacked with 20% vat :-O )
Likes of greenline japan generally be cheaper than rhd . worth burning through options at home first before import route .

13 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 12:06 pm

shroom

148,459 yen delivered from rhd so 964 quid plus 20% 193 or so

Total around £1157

Might be able to duck some tax who knows its a big heavy item. I have just got this traight of their website...

14 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 12:36 pm

shroom

Are there no spec clutches which could do your power or alternatives? Easier to source

15 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 7:54 pm

mightydquinn

I could buy a superclutch. I like the os though, it's had a lot, and I mean a lot of abuse and it's only just worn out, I'm also running 472 horses and it's well happy with it!
I'd guess RHD might alter the receipt for me for the tax man, but I'd guess that's about the price!
What you thinking Johnny? What's the plan!??

16 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 8:53 pm

johnny gtir

188 vat
40 duty
As you lot say

Not many any UK stockest and here is one reply
R2cd is the only one us or is giken would recomend as the pulsar gearbox is noted for its backlash which in the past has caused problems with clutches it's something to do with the input shaft dose not truly connect to the crank and pilot bearing it's sort of floating and can rip out the splines on clutches
The r2cd uses a seperate center hun and the springs in it help with the backlash. The flywheel would also be required as not sure if it fits with other flys due to space

17 Re: OS GIKEN R2CD CLUTCH on 11th April 2016, 9:25 pm

mightydquinn

I'm probably going to order one 2mo if I remember then pal, it's 148459 yen, so then extra charge when it turns up! Lol! Bloody bargain!! Haha!
Yes Johnny, they're actually built different to any other twin plate I've seen, they come with the flywheel too, just so u know! Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum