Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Turbo swop over

Turbo swop over

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turbo swop over on 19th April 2016, 6:46 pm

Huskiewolf

Hi all,my little old gal has had the same standard turbo for as long as I can remember,and it's been off the road now for going on 7 years lolol just bought a Gt2871 for it.....what bits do I need to do it right I.e oil feed,water ect cheers

2 Re: Turbo swop over on 19th April 2016, 7:28 pm

johnny gtir

Is it 2871 or 71R. What make is it as can differ

3 Re: Turbo swop over on 20th April 2016, 2:19 pm

Huskiewolf

Hi johnny,as far as I know it a Gt2871....it's not a ball bearing one!As for who made it not sure lol not very informative I know sorry lol

4 Re: Turbo swop over on 20th April 2016, 2:23 pm

Huskiewolf

I might just need to mess with it,see what I can come up with for it

5 Re: Turbo swop over on 20th April 2016, 2:25 pm

Huskiewolf

Is it a big job turning it from a Gt2871 to a 71R?

6 Re: Turbo swop over on 20th April 2016, 4:26 pm

johnny gtir

No mate just was checking oil feed etc as roller bearing use a lot less oil so require a restrictor some companies don't supply them.
Should just bolt on mate was it bought for a pulsar ?
Don't forget your new gaskets
If it's brand new turbo pre fill with some oil
What's the oil drain like on it ?

7 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 10:54 am

Bones

the two star club
the two star club
Am I looking right because I've just checked gt2871 turbo on ebay and there £129??? Thought they were in the hundreds or am I missing something?

8 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 6:46 pm

Huskiewolf

Lol mine wasn't that cheap,but cheap enough....having said that,cheap is not always as bad as some make out!It will fit the R,just needs clocking ect

9 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 6:58 pm

Huskiewolf

From just looking at it,the oil drain looks just like the standard T25 one johnny

10 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 8:54 pm

Dav69

What's better the 3071 or 2871 or the difference as I'm not sure which one too get!?

11 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 9:09 pm

johnny gtir

Bones wrote:Am I looking right because I've just checked gt2871 turbo on ebay and there £129??? Thought they were in the hundreds or am I missing something?

Chinese copy's if its full turbo google it some people getting good results and there lasting others going bang. Some genuine companies offering cores at a good price.

12 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 9:10 pm

johnny gtir

Huskiewolf wrote:From just looking at it,the oil drain looks just like the standard T25 one johnny
Bonus

13 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 9:12 pm

johnny gtir

Dav69 wrote:What's better the 3071 or 2871 or the difference as I'm not sure which one too get!?
depends on power your looking for. How you want the power delivered. Space if you run a bigger rad. Manifold choice if you change it

14 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 9:17 pm

Dav69

Jesus Jonny lol looks like I better get my thinking cap on, there's me thinking one is ac big boy that just screws onhaha!

15 Re: Turbo swop over on 21st April 2016, 9:20 pm

johnny gtir

Read your reply on clutch thread. Not trying to scare you lots of info on here just think best advice is throw a lot of info st you and you find what your happy with and budget etc mate

16 Re: Turbo swop over on 22nd April 2016, 9:32 am

Huskiewolf

Think there's guna be a problem with the positioning of the actuator!Not had it near the car yet,but just by looking at it,it looks wrong lolol anyone got some pics of a Gt2871 fitted to an R knocking about to compare?cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum