Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Help!

Help!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301 Re: Help! on 23rd July 2016, 11:16 am

Cosmic73

£712, but that's it now. Just gotta take our time putting it together and making sure the clearances are to spec.

I just want to say another thanks to Stu who is again helping out big time by loaning out his stock 4th for benchmarking,
Cheers mate, Very Happy

302 Re: Help! on 29th August 2016, 6:51 pm

Cosmic73

Pete, i removed that pitted differential bearing race that you spotted.

When i compared it side by side with my spare diff bearing you can see the slight difference in size.
This means my spare was for the other side of the diff not the side that you need. Sorry.
This means you need to buy a new bearing, part number 3844079E00

303 Re: Help! on 8th September 2016, 3:16 pm

Cosmic73

Pete removing that diff bearing race was a real fucker!Mad
The separator clamp kept pinging off bits of the outer race (see photo)Mad
Tony, who runs our maintenance dept tried grinding a couple of slots in it, but it still wouldn't budge.
Heating it is out the question as it's an LSD filled with silicon and would warp.
Anyway i asked for a big favour and maintenance agreed to mill the race off.
The good news, the race is now off, however he accidentally went a few mm deeper into the outer casing Embarassed

This hasn't penetrated through and shouldn't be a concern, but I'm just being honest.

304 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 8:12 am

burrows1980

It's balanced as well now then Laughing

305 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 8:50 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Did you have the clamp in reverse so flat side rather than taper against the bearing ridge, must of been pretty tight. I done it on viscous diff & few rear diff pinions with clamp & in press bed with bed cross plates with v cuts so it sat up tight and over large area of bearing clamp which help load it evenly & keep clamp flat over contact are, if use 2 bar puller from front it tends want bend clamp if real tight then contact area only on 2 spots per clamp half .
shame went over depth with mill but got away with it, take his milky bar & coffee back for it though ...

306 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 10:44 am

Cosmic73

@Mr B wrote:Did you have the clamp in reverse so flat side rather than taper against the bearing ridge, must of been pretty tight. I done it on viscous diff & few rear diff pinions with clamp & in press bed with bed cross plates with v cuts so it sat up tight and over large area of bearing clamp which help load it evenly & keep clamp flat over contact are, if use 2 bar puller from front it tends want bend clamp if real tight then contact area only on 2 spots per clamp half .
shame went over depth with mill but got away with it, take his milky bar & coffee back for it though ...

I tried reverse but it wouldn't fit at all, yeah the race was really tight.  Mad
I looked around for a split ring to spread the load a bit more but there was nothing the right size.
Anyway, it's off now. Cool
Next step is to take for a proper steam cleaned because those diff gears are a debris trap.
Ill also have to plug up the hole with a bit of solder to keep it balanced.
Very Happy

307 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 10:59 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I wouldn't be concerned on balance, it that close to centre-line/lowish-rpm it minimal plus with moving silicone inside zero balance would be hard achieve, no one balances them even if change final drive gears etc, or at least I never have or seen it done .
Least build moving forward & close to final assembly .
How did mainshaft assembly clearance work out, close enough or need max or min new clips-shims to get sensible .

308 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 12:19 pm

Cosmic73

I had a selection of snap rings from Pete's other failures so get zero for those Very Happy
Also carried over Pete's old 1st synchro so at least he can get the £50 back from the new one he bought.
All synchro clearances >1.2mm
As for the new PAR gears, i didn't bother inspecting them. There was no point.
Next week I'll be getting the input & main shaft bearing clearances measured. At least Pete has a selection of shims now so I'm hoping we shouldn't have to buy any more. If we do we have 2 weeks to get them!
As for the diff, well we'll just have to measure that last minute. If a new shims needed then it's another delay....

309 Re: Help! on 9th September 2016, 2:08 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Good chance someone uk may have shims as few with box spares or if got oversize can get them skimmed to suit ..

310 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 5:22 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
She lives!!!! Brought it home, taking it very steady, 20-30% throttle and so far all is well Smile

311 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 5:24 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Great!! So happy for you mate... So I guess I'll see you tomorrow congrats

312 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 5:53 pm

Cosmic73

Thats fantastic news, Very Happy
Can't wait to see some pics of it at the show ,
I think everyone will be keeping their fingers crossed for the next few weeks,
I give you a rep point for the good news, but ought to minus you one for that wind up phone call telling me it was fubar,
affraid

313 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 6:58 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
Good news Smile

314 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 7:20 pm

johnny gtir

Glad it's in and running

315 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 7:32 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Ha sorry Niel couldn't help myself....the quiver in your voice at the start though haha! The real test will be when I've done the oil change and floor it.....

316 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 7:43 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Lol
that a bit cruel Pete & kind of jinxing yourself too .
Hoping for the best as about time this R was sorted lol, getting bored of your gearbox threads lol :-D
you got m10 brace bolts sorted !
Good luck & have fun once you get to give it a good ragging :-D
If you do break it don't call cosmic as he'll tell you to fuck off lol crying wolf and all that :-/ !!

317 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 8:19 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
lol I only said it sounded weird because it wasn't making any horrible noises like it usually does

318 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 8:21 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Laughing

319 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 8:24 pm

Cosmic73

Haha, No worries Pete, at least you've kept a sense of humour after all you've been through.
I'd have done the same,  Wink

320 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 8:38 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Great news pete glad she is all up and running sweet .... sounds like neil really came through on the build .... worship

321 Re: Help! on 1st October 2016, 8:55 pm

shroom

Well done!

Although I have to agree im bored of these gearbox threads now too and the pathetic amount of bhp you have got out of your car sp far. Hopefully your car can man up and produce some real figures

322 Re: Help! on 2nd October 2016, 3:53 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
First thing a real man would do would be burn that fucking honda ....
amazed at your resilience to the R gearbox issue, most fairies sell or strip R at slightest issue normally created by themselves but you stuck it out & still have a smile lol ...

323 Re: Help! on 2nd October 2016, 7:52 pm

shroom

He takes it up the arse most days so he has learnt a lot of resilience over the years. He has even corrupted for Neil's innocent mind and now all he talks about is shafts and holes

324 Re: Help! on 2nd October 2016, 7:56 pm

johnny gtir

Pete has us on here if he sells up we won't speak to him so then he has no one

325 Re: Help! on 2nd October 2016, 8:01 pm

shroom

@johnny gtir wrote:Pete has  us on here if he sells up we won't speak to him so then he has no one

As if you wouldnt speak to him, you would be camped outside his house buying every bit off that car Laughing then you wouldn't speak to him...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum