Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Unbelievable!!

Unbelievable!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 6:20 pm

burrows1980

Getting all the loose ends tied up today, needed to clean the flaring compound out the fuel lines so poured 5ltrs V Power Nitro in got excited

Something made me look underneath to check for leaks I wasnt expecting to see any, only to see a shit load of fuel on the garage floor still pissing out Mad  wtf, car still in the air, so pulled wheel off quickly and removed the filler guard to see where the fuel was coming from.

Closer inspection I couldnt believe it, and maybe something the rest of you might need to check.  I had the neck sandblasted last year then I coated it in POR 15 as it was in really good condition, but unknowns to me there was a hole behind the pissin bracket Mad

Chopped part of the bracket off to see a small hole, cleaned it up and the hole (s) were err kinda big!

Bit of speed welding and a lick of paint later....

Great, flushed the lines out, fuel pump still working after sitting dry for 3 years..  Put another 5ltrs of fuel in only to find the neck is still leaking in another place now Laughing ffs! edge of the bracket now, looks as though the spot welds holding the bracket on have rusted over time and created the leaks.

Might be worth checking your necks out just incase!!

Gaz

2 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 6:30 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
lol bit of fun that, looks like you getting high on that quality fuel vapor ...
Fuel neck is a cock, someone elso had rusty one & looked at aftermarket ones but gtir seems specific and other not even worthy for cross part repair.
Wonder how much nissan charge for one :-S !! those f00kers got some neck lol ...

3 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 6:47 pm

burrows1980

NA at Nissan, checked before I had it blasted, it looked a right mess. Once Nissan confirmed NA I had it blasted, and thought I was lucky not to have any holes Laughing oh well..

4 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 7:21 pm

burrows1980

Might be worth looking into a mandrel bent Ali piece, find a company willing to knock say 50 up? Think in years to come these are going to be a right pain in the hoop!  What gets me the rubber pipe between tank and neck (which is available from Nissan, think I paid £15?) acts as a U bend and holds fuel in the filler neck?? If it just flowed straight into tank, I wouldn't have even noticed the leak Laughing

Edit: also the rubber gasket that fits round the filler neck under fuel flap is also still available, again I don't think I paid that much for it..

5 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 7:47 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I bet they got stock somewhere, will have a try here next week.
wouldn't be hard fabricate & someone will do it.
Never expected a run of bumper guards get done but they did lol
grill spots next lol .

6 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 7:52 pm

burrows1980

I so want the grill spots! If I get a spare 5 minutes I might have a go, Splenum kindly posted the measurements.

7 Re: Unbelievable!! on 18th June 2016, 8:18 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
Stuart lawrence has made a few spotlight grills. They look good too.

8 Re: Unbelievable!! on 19th June 2016, 1:50 am

gtir_woody

This is good to know thumbsup

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum