Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Exhaust gasket

Exhaust gasket

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Exhaust gasket on 20th June 2016, 9:52 pm

burrows1980

Will I need to replace the elbow to down pipe gasket when I drop the engine this Friday? It's only run up to operating temp, wondering if I can save a few £ same on the decat pipe..

2 Re: Exhaust gasket on 20th June 2016, 9:58 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
What type of gaskets have you used ???

3 Re: Exhaust gasket on 20th June 2016, 10:33 pm

burrows1980

This type mate

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330988827775

4 Re: Exhaust gasket on 20th June 2016, 10:41 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I cant see it being a problem .... its not like its been well used either ....

5 Re: Exhaust gasket on 20th June 2016, 11:04 pm

gtir_woody

If its seen little use I wouldn't be replacing it mate.

6 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 7:02 am

burrows1980

Cool, cheers chaps

7 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 9:03 am

shroom

Yeah those ones last a while plus you can at a push do it without taking anything off anyway so worth a go

8 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 11:51 am

johnny gtir

Should be ok but easier to replace than re use and then find to change it

9 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 12:22 pm

shroom

Johhny you are tied into that throw away society recycling is the way forward! I have used the same oil filter for 5 oil changes its fine... lol

10 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 1:31 pm

burrows1980

^ yoursofunny

11 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 4:23 pm

johnny gtir

@shroom wrote:Johhny you are tied into that throw away society recycling is the way forward! I have used the same oil filter for 5 oil changes its fine... lol
what and the same oil or do you get new from the chip shop as it's new to a engine.

Maybe I have more money than sense. ( not the case) maybe I have no Sense possibility

No I just think it won't clamp exactully right but dose work but i hate doing things twice if it fails it's not the end of the world.

For all you recycle tips and how to save money phone shroom on 0797 6123 He has tea bags hanging in the line ready for that 6th brew as we speak.

Did do a job once for someone who kept his used bath water and used it to flush his toilet but the bath tide ring was unreal

12 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 8:47 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Thats sounds pretty grim johnny ..... Laughing
I dont think you will have any problems or issue with the gasket if all you have done is start it up once ...

13 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 9:15 pm

gtir_woody

@johnny gtir wrote: For all you recycle tips and how to save money phone shroom on 0797   6123   He has tea bags hanging in the line ready for that 6th brew as we speak.

^ yoursofunny  drink

14 Re: Exhaust gasket on 21st June 2016, 10:12 pm

shroom

Haha you know me too well. I also often use tigerseal not just to fix engine mounts but also repair cracking cambelts its always worked. I only use chip fat for engine run ins Johnny as its mineral based. Works a treat!

I have also never had a problem with replacing fuses with tin foil expext for one cabin fire in an old cavalier but I put that down to too many farts on the seat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum