Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » More clutch trouble :-(

More clutch trouble :-(

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 15th July 2016, 8:51 pm

burrows1980

^ there the ones I used for the brakes, not had an issue with them.

I've emailed the place where I got the from, he emailed me back saying he's passed it onto HEL direct. They make the lines to the spec from HEL, but he's never had this issue before, hence why he's contacted them. Wait and see what he comes back with.

27 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 15th July 2016, 10:58 pm

mc_hawkings24

I have the same one but annoying matt lewis one doesn't fit the same as original but works anyway.

28 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 16th July 2016, 3:02 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I would imagine the hel one has defect on hose/fitting restricting return flow further and wouldn't take much on that small bore !
Is a pain as can't spot everything and part of reason so many modded cars start getting problems as so many parts not same in small details :-/
Good decision made effort test rig the hydraulics ...

29 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 16th July 2016, 7:38 pm

burrows1980

Was thinking about this last night but didn't check prior to fitting the standard hose.  The end of the hose that fits to the hard line on the standard line is single flared

And fits nicely as it should into the double flare of the hard line.

On the HEL line it has a double flare on the end

Obviously a double flared end going to another double flared end won't have the correct seal. Plus if it moves slightly off could also block the flow?

Has anybody got a braided hose lying about you can check what end fitting is on it?

I'm assuming from the light reading that came with the line it doesn't make any difference what type of flare is on the OEM pipe

Weird though as the HEL fitting doesn't look like what it does in the picture!

30 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 17th July 2016, 11:39 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
I don't like that hel end fitting form or the small bore :-/
I get all my lines made up at a local hydraulic hose shop, exact match and length matching or as requested .
Never been a fan of pre-made hoses as had issues with lengths and fittings before.
I would try getting your money back on that one and either stick with the OEM hose or find local shop make up a hose to matching spec .

31 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 17th July 2016, 4:16 pm

burrows1980

Well based on this really shocking example of poor customer service from HEL, I will not be buying any product from HEL again! Here's the response:

Had this reply back from my colleague at HEL.

Nothing to do with the HEL line or the hole size! The 'restriction' he talks about is across an area of about 2mm of metal, and would make absolutely zero difference to any system - perhaps worth telling him every single car and motorbike HEL brake and clutch line in the world ever made has these same hole sizes and no one else has ever had this issue?My only other thought is if the hose is blocked? But other than that the hose is 100% not causing the issue of any kind of restriction conspiracy!

Quite surprised at the conspiracy part, I never said that there was a conspiracy other than just shocked at the hole size diameter difference Laughing oh well keeping the OEM line on, not leaking or cracked.

32 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 17th July 2016, 6:14 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Does the hel hose flow easily in both directions if test it with hand pump !
I wouldn't be surprised to find hose swarf at one of the fittings acting like a flapper valve .
That bore is shockingly small and easily restricted/blocked .
I don't buy any big name hoses as don't like prices or pipes in many cases and am lucky have hydraulic shop locally.
Will be doubly sure not touch anything hel as that response is shockingly unhelpful  :-/

33 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 17th July 2016, 6:23 pm

ducie54

Top pic is a male flare, bottom is an female flare.

34 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 17th July 2016, 8:27 pm

burrows1980

Not tried it in the other direction but I did carefully push a strand of steel wire from SWA cable I have through it and was fine nothing stuck in there. Even blasted compressed air through with a white cloth covering the end, expecting to see something, but no just remaining fluid in pipe.

I might try and enlarge the hole just to see if it makes any difference, or changing the end of the copper pipe to single flare so it fits the HEL fitting.. If I get chance this week will try it, always handy to know the result incase of future problems for anyone else??

35 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 5th October 2016, 11:22 pm

JIMMYBACK

how did you get on with this>?

http://www.vintagetechrepairs.co.uk

36 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 6th October 2016, 7:57 am

burrows1980

It solved it mate, I think I replied on my other clutch thread Laughing doh

Luckily I had enough length on the copper line to re-terminate it to a single flare end, all works now. So flustrating, but got there in the end..

37 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 6th October 2016, 1:55 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
HEL need kicking in the bollocks for that, they made them wrong, twat who sent that rude email needs several kicks, shocking tech response, they at fault and need know it .
I never buy branded, always preferred get made exact to spec and my chosen length as find to many premade stuff poor lengths and silly money .

38 Re: More clutch trouble :-( on 6th October 2016, 2:30 pm

JIMMYBACK

Toss pots- sounds like a similar issue im having- I'm going to have to take the hose off and check it- Damn it i don't have an original to hand to get some DECENT replacements made

http://www.vintagetechrepairs.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum