Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » mamba turbo.

mamba turbo.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 12:49 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Anyone know or had one of the mamba turbos. Looking to purchase a turbo in a few weeks time. And after seeing these and there prices on ebay I am tempted as a 1500quid garret is abit out of my range.

Done a bit of research and the feedback varies over different forums.
Hoping some one can shed some light on quality and performance.
I know the company is an off shoot of kinugawa. And they've only been around a couple of years. But I don't think there your average Chinese ones.

The kits themselves look great.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191923388803

2 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 1:09 pm

shroom

What kind of turbo are you after? Turborebuild in blackpool supply chra t28 cores with different build soec i.e hybrid 360 thrust for about 300 to 340 quid and fit your existing housings on for the cost of labour

3 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 1:40 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

I was after a 2871r or a 3071r. Or something that will get me around the 400bhp mark. I've just purchased a part forged engine with pistons and ported and polished head so I want to be able to achieve some decent numbers. Any recommendations are welcome

4 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 5:48 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Could I ask you if pos to put few photos of your head?? I just want to compare it t what I do.
Thanks

Oh and I try Midland Turbos I might be wrong (I'll recheck it for you) but someone I know got genuine GT3071R (v band housing) for £750

5 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 6:52 pm

burrows1980

I was looking at them the other day funnily enough, did a bit of research and theres not much out there on them other than they are pretty much the same as Kinugawa. Apparently well made but you dont get much puff out of them.

Info I read was from the poobaru forum

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2319043&page=39

6 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 7:50 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Yeh that's Wat I'd seen and heard. That they don't make the best figures. May be I'll leave that one then

I will have a look at that midlands turbo thanks that sounds a great price. And about the head. I purchased the full engine pre built off a guy on ebay who'd wrapped his car up. U might of seen it on ebay a few week ago. He was just breaking the engine in and his missus rit the car off. But he has sent me all the pics of the build. Will get some relevant ones up later on pal. U can tel me what u think of job that's been done.

7 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 7:54 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
@TOMMYPRU.GTIR wrote:Yeh that's Wat I'd seen and heard. That they don't make the best figures. May be I'll leave that one then

I will have a look at that midlands turbo thanks that sounds a great price.  And about the head. I purchased the full engine pre built off a guy on ebay who'd wrapped his car up. U might of seen it on ebay a few week ago. He was just breaking the engine in and his missus rit the car off. But he has sent me all the pics of the build. Will get some relevant ones up later on pal. U can tel me what u think of job that's been done.

Great I'm no pro porter or anything lol I've just done few of them and want to see what other people do....
Oh and another company was Turbo dynamics I've got my gt2871r from them paid £1k but mine is internally gated and it came with actuator

8 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 8:15 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
I'm spamming here lol
Midlands turbos contact there is Liam, full size gt3071 was 750+ vat apparently version with t28 housing to bolt on stock mani is cheaper I believe this is their website http://www.midlandturbo.com/

9 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 8:39 pm

Whytie

If your going for 2871r or 3071r you really need to upgrade the bearing carrier when ordering it. Prices start to mount up but it's defo needed.

I'd 100% go for 3071r over 2871r. It's just a better turbo, the extra torque from the 3071r makes it a better car in my opinion.

10 Re: mamba turbo. on 22nd July 2016, 11:53 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

After looking at these photos I don't think its been polished. But can you clarify it is ported from the those pictures. I think the lad has done the work himself. Im actually quite worried by what I'm looking. although these are photos of the job in progress. and to be honest I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

11 Re: mamba turbo. on 23rd July 2016, 7:31 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
intake don't want to be polished as slight rough surface texture helps fuel air mix . don't want remove to much material either really, exhaust side is where gains can be had easier . Good blueprint of manifolds is a must. Porting is an art form when done real well & needs good experience & flow bench .
I would not touch chinese turbos, seen plenty of the junk in thailand :-D these probably better than some but still under perform & you got fook all warranty plus you looking at potential £100plus import tax bill.
only thing I buy chinese is springrolls, roast duck, prawn crackers & cheap phone repair parts lol .
I'm a big fan of GTX28 & 29 series turbos, if aiming around 400hp you don't need go up to 30 series, GTX28 series can do 500hp easily but real trick spec is indeed big money.
I would hunt around and see what you can get new or used or upgraded from what you already got .
Other option for budget conscious is picking up an evo turbo used as these can be had cheap and build a custom steel manifold from buttweld fittings (steam-pipe) .

12 Re: mamba turbo. on 23rd July 2016, 8:49 am

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

Lols. Thanks Mr b will stick with crispy duck also.
OK this gives to something to research.

13 Re: mamba turbo. on 23rd July 2016, 11:15 am

burrows1980

@Mr B wrote:
only thing I buy chinese is springrolls, roast duck, prawn crackers & cheap phone repair parts lol .

lol!

@Mr B wrote:
Other option for budget conscious is picking up an evo turbo used as these can be had cheap and build a custom steel manifold from buttweld fittings (steam-pipe) .

What are butt weld fittings Mr B? Might be a new winter project for me Very Happy

14 Re: mamba turbo. on 23rd July 2016, 5:04 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
This sort of thing >

You can buy them in various diameters and bend radius, bit of cutting and imagination creates all sorts .
If Google the key words you'll get loads of info and see some amazing manifolds made from them.
I used steel as easy weld./work neat and I'm no pro welder plus it has durability and cost advantages over stainless and you can ceramic coat a worthwhile artwork piece for pro finish .
turbinetech did a mitsi 16g-20g manifold for the R ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum