Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » hks evc-s faulty?

hks evc-s faulty?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 hks evc-s faulty? on 29th September 2016, 8:03 pm

mc_hawkings24

Has anyone had problems with one over reading? It makes out that i'm boosting 30psi when my gauge is peaking 15psi.

I have the boost sensor going into the rear inlet chamber then t-pieced to the fuel pressure regulator and i also have the boost gauge in that t-piece further down. I'm wondering if i should have the boost gauge separate from the boost controller.

2 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 29th September 2016, 8:18 pm

johnny gtir

I would not t to much inline with pressure Reg as leaks anywhere ain't good and will effect fueling but direct in that line will cause worse fueling issues and faster Det

3 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 29th September 2016, 9:13 pm

mc_hawkings24

Instructions say to T into the fpr though. Where do you have yours spliced into?

4 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 7:44 am

mike74

I used to run my Blitz boost controller off one of the vacuum nipples behind/underneath the plenum and seemed to work ok. Granted I'd removed the carbon canister and re-plumbed stuff so there was a spare nipple there (oo er!).
I wouldn't tee anything into the FPR line though, just in case Smile

5 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 12:56 pm

mc_hawkings24

Why do they choose to use the fpr's? Odd.
I have no carbon canister either Smile will have to change some vacuums when i pull the engine out sunday.

6 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 1:03 pm

mc_hawkings24

Is there anything wrong with using the vacuum near the reg that went to the small pipe on top of the carbon canister? Could use that for the boost gauge or the one on the side of the inlet? Thanks

7 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 1:10 pm

mike74

You could always tee into the standard boost sensor line on the passenger side inner wing if in doubt.

8 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 1:38 pm

mc_hawkings24

Gone now because i have boost controller. Talking of fuel issues i do get hesitation when loading it up in 1st of second sometimes and have to nail it and the it clears buy comes back. Could be maf related but will sort the vacuums out and try.

9 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 2:22 pm

mike74

mine used to do that too. you'd hit a flat spot/misfire that you could drive through then it would seem to pick up and go ok. Turned out the fuel pump wasn't up to the job and the injectors were choked so it was leaning out Sad

10 Re: hks evc-s faulty? on 30th September 2016, 2:37 pm

mc_hawkings24

Had it on my old pump and on my genuine walbro i have now so got to be something else. Will sort the vacuums out and go from there and then maybe try a maf if it's the same

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum