Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Winters here

Winters here

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Winters here on 12th October 2016, 7:32 pm

johnny gtir

Cold wet dark mornings and nights. Christmas adverts on the radio

2 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 7:58 pm

pulsarmoley

I see people in the morning wrapped up to the hills, hats, scarfs the lot! If they think its cold now they are in for a shock Laughing

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 8:17 pm

johnny gtir

I most the houses we work in now heatings flat out. Fair enough put the heating on but they got it like a sauna. Must hurt them when they step outside

4 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 8:18 pm

ROB_IOW

the two star club
the two star club
I'm still wearing shorts and T shirt for work

5 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 8:23 pm

gtir_woody

I can only imagine how bad it would get over there, I honestly don't know how I would survive not being used to those conditions lol

6 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 8:28 pm

ROB_IOW

the two star club
the two star club
Doesn't get that bad .. Couple of weeks below freezing up north
And as for down South Think I only defrosted my van once last winter

7 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 8:50 pm

johnny gtir

I think it's the fact it comes and goes. Frost then snow but it melts in a couple days then it's wet slush then snow again or just iced up rather than none or good few weeks of it. So brings things to mayhem

8 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 9:04 pm

shroom

johnny gtir wrote:I most the houses we work in now heatings flat out. Fair enough put the heating on but they got it like a sauna. Must hurt them when they step outside

They just want you to strip off mate. Its getting hot in here. Take off all your clothes!

9 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 9:06 pm

shroom

Yeah my one second walk to the car I have noticed its colder. Then I just sit in an airconditioned office so dont really notice it. I also drive a Ford so have a heated front windscreen and mirrors so never scrape the windscreen.

10 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 9:22 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Its depressing i hate the dark evenings just cant get on with things .... i dont mind the cold so much just shitty getting up for work in the dark and coming home in the dark and cant get on with anything when you get home ....

11 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 10:48 pm

mike74

I've had to scrape my windows twice in the past week or so. Think we may be in for another bad one this year.
Anyone else with sky notice the Christmas channels have already started this week? It's not even the middle of October FFS Sad

12 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 10:52 pm

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:Its depressing i hate the dark evenings just cant get on with things .... i dont mind the cold so much just shitty getting up for work in the dark and coming home in the dark and cant get on with anything when you get home ....

You are the same as me mate, that's what I hate the most

13 Re: Winters here on 12th October 2016, 11:52 pm

splmum

You guys have got it easy, here (Sydney, Australia) we have daylight saving.  
The chooks have stopped laying, the cows milk curdles, the curtains are fading and most important, the cook's cranky so you never know what you'll end up with for dinner, that is if you get any. 
Sheez, talk about complain.  
Woody isn't affected as bad as us down south, cause he doesn't have daylight saving in his neck of the woods.
But aye, when it is cold here we have the same, people rugged up to the nines and them some and in the office they turn the air conditioning up to 26 or 28 degrees, get broiled at work.
Know your weather conditions well guys, so can commiserate with you.

14 Re: Winters here on 13th October 2016, 7:59 pm

johnny gtir

Salt lashed on the roads. They use it a lot but not masses then end of winter tiny frost the roads are inches thick to use it up so they get the bigger budget for it the following year

15 Re: Winters here on 14th October 2016, 10:24 am

gtir_woody

splmum wrote:You guys have got it easy, here (Sydney, Australia) we have daylight saving.  
The chooks have stopped laying, the cows milk curdles, the curtains are fading and most important, the cook's cranky so you never know what you'll end up with for dinner, that is if you get any. 
Sheez, talk about complain.  
Woody isn't affected as bad as us down south, cause he doesn't have daylight saving in his neck of the woods.
But aye, when it is cold here we have the same, people rugged up to the nines and them some and in the office they turn the air conditioning up to 26 or 28 degrees, get broiled at work.
Know your weather conditions well guys, so can commiserate with you.

Very true mate, everyone complains depending on what they are used to. All I know is Id rather be sweating my arse off than the depressing weather that comes with winter Laughing

16 Re: Winters here on 16th October 2016, 3:48 am

ADZ14

Yeah, this time of year is a real grind for you soap dodgers!  Went out for a drive with the wife and kids today, scoping out some roads in the hills near my home.  Found some good ones for heading back with the R soon!

17 Re: Winters here on 16th October 2016, 4:52 am

johnny gtir

Looks very nice but make sure your air filter is cleaned regular looks dusty. Plus trying to pull one back for the uk team early mornings when the roads are quiet and the dew is still on the grass. Cool moist dense air getting rammed into the cooler makes for a fast R . And drifting in the snow such fun.

18 Re: Winters here on 16th October 2016, 8:03 am

gtir_woody

Those roads look like fun mate, wish there was more of this sort of thing out my way, I need to go looking out Samford area

19 Re: Winters here on 16th October 2016, 10:47 pm

Papajohns

I miss my heated seats !

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum