Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » CRB or something else?

CRB or something else?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:22 am

mike74

Well its been a while now but thought I'd update.

I bought a gearbox off Whytie to replace my one and got it fitted in December.
Just as well I had another one to hand as, quite literally as I was pulling into the garage I couldn't get the stick over to 1st/2nd gates, they had simply gone!

Anyway, I got the box swapped over and as soon I drove it away I knew something was wrong with the gear change. Needless to say I was starting to panic a little! I pulled the gaitor off the stick and wiggled the stick around to find the whole gear change assembly was moving around. A trip to the garage to have a look confirmed the front bush on the gear linkage stabiliser was borked, looking like the inner bush had gone it was that bad.

Got a replacement bush ordered from Amazon and had that fitted last week and it now feels like you're loading a high powered rifle, its that precise.

As an aside I took the old box home in case I ever needed to get it rebuilt in future. I'm guessing that having around 3mm movement on the input shaft isn't normal? Shocked

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice along with Whytie (and has pal Patrick for delivering the box) for supplying the replacement box.

its been a long road but I finally got there!  Very Happy

cheers for now,

mike

52 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:30 am

Cosmic73

glad it's all fixed. It's amazing the difference new bushes make to shifting.
I had an XR3i and changing gear was like rummaging about inside a knackered old tool box,
Changed the bush and like you say, it was like loading a Winchester rifle.
Very Happy

3mm of input shaft travel is def not good  Shocked

53 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 am

gtir_woody

Glad you got sorted with another box. Good to see there's plenty of people in the community to help you out mate Smile

54 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:02 am

johnny gtir

Pleased it's sorted remind us was that all so the cars good to go ?

55 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:17 am

mike74

yep, pretty much good to go other than wear n tear type rubbish...just got a delimiter chip & 3" turbo elbow to fit, remove Y bracket, carbon canister, tidy boost lines etc etc, lol

56 Re: CRB or something else? on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 pm

johnny gtir

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice along with Whytie (and has pal Patrick for delivering the box) for supplying the replacement box.

Also had a few dealings with whytie on parts and met him a couple times nice guy good genuine parts as described so rep given to him. That's what this forums all about

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum