Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » New forum members » New member from Las Vegas

New member from Las Vegas

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 5:06 am

Ryaneg6freak

Hi there guys,

My name is Ryan and I live in the USA, I have 2 GTi-R's right now, well more like 1.5. One runs and drives and is a TJ1 1991, and the other is pretty much just a black rolling shell.

I've been lurking for quite some time, but there's been so many things I wanted to comment on, I just couldn't resist anymore.

This is the best resource I've ever seen and I hope to be a regular contributor.

2 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 8:34 am

Stu

Admin
Admin
Hi and welcome.
Post some pics and a spec of your car's Smile

3 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 8:34 am

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum and comment and ask as much as you like. Some people say random banter makes for poor reading. I disagree this forum has the most activity and random banter leads to better community and makes people feel more welcome as they feel they know people when meets etc are arranged so keeps numbers up . plenty people with vast knowledge in all areas of the car so please do post and comment as much as possible no matter how small or big the comment or advice you give

4 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 9:55 am

Ryaneg6freak

@Stu wrote:Hi and welcome.
Post some pics and a spec of your car's Smile

I need to upload some pictures to photobucket first, and I'm stuck in Afghanistan at the moment. Been buying thousands in parts for when I get home in January. It's going to be like Christmas when I get home, I bought so much stuff that I can't even remember what all I have.

All I have at the moment is pictures of my black '91. I bought this as a rolling shell. Actually it's quite complete, minus the engine and trans, everything else is there. Could be a running/driving car if I can find a whole lump cheap enough, it's got less than average rust. As it stands now though, it's going to be a parts vehicle for my very nice '91 in blue/grey graphite (TJ1). It's completely stock other than an Apexi air filter and a turbosmart boost controller. I have a plan for the TJ1, and it includes lots of autocross and time attack, at least on a novice level. I am going to convert to 5 lug hubs so I can use the R32 skyline GTR wheels and brakes that I have. Gonna take a bit of fab work on the brakes but should be easy enough. Already have BC coilovers, and whiteline swaybars, along with a full polybush kit. I am on the fence about a gearbox brace. The kind of racing I plan to do, I'll probably eat 3rd and 4th gears before I break the case. They're still available over here too, and some of our Nissan dealers stock them.

Edit: trying to upload photos to photobucket and it doesn't like the internet over here, I think I need to go through a VPN or something cause it keeps logging me out. I'll try again later.

5 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 4:43 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
Are you in the armed forces?

6 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 4:56 pm

ROB_IOW

the two star club
the two star club
Hello and welcome

7 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 5:28 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Welcome to the forum ryan .... sounds like you have your head screwed on with these pulsars rust free ones are getting harder to find so defo worth salvaging the good ones ....

8 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 6:24 pm

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum fella

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

9 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 6:59 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Hi and welcome Very Happy , totally agree with what Johnny said, and as for the gearbox brace surely it's better to take a preventative measure than to 'wait and see' what happens. 'Touch wood' I haven't broken a casing but I have fitted a brace just to be on the safe side.

10 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 16th December 2016, 7:56 pm

Cosmic73

Hey Ryan and welcome mate,
You can post photos directly into a post by clicking one of the icons above.
The one with the blue floppy disk, select the pics, insert all, done and press preview.
Photobucket's shite.

11 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 4:08 am

Ryaneg6freak

@Stu wrote:Are you in the armed forces?

Negative Ghostrider. I was a long time ago, but now I am but a lowly (albeit quite well paid) civilian contractor.

12 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 4:22 am

Ryaneg6freak

here's my rolling shell I just bought. i won't tell you what I paid or you might be sick.

13 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 4:25 am

Ryaneg6freak

@PartyPete wrote:Hi and welcome Very Happy , totally agree with what Johnny said, and as for the gearbox brace surely it's better to take a preventative measure than to 'wait and see' what happens. 'Touch wood' I haven't broken a casing but I have fitted a brace just to be on the safe side.

I see you're known as "The gearbox slayer" hahahaha

14 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 4:55 am

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate Smile

15 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 10:44 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:
@PartyPete wrote:Hi and welcome Very Happy , totally agree with what Johnny said, and as for the gearbox brace surely it's better to take a preventative measure than to 'wait and see' what happens. 'Touch wood' I haven't broken a casing but I have fitted a brace just to be on the safe side.

I have been known to smash a gearbox or two yes Very Happy

16 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 11:32 am

Stu

Admin
Admin
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:
@Stu wrote:Are you in the armed forces?

Negative Ghostrider. I was a long time ago, but now I am but a lowly (albeit quite well paid) civilian contractor.

Fair play takes balls to work in the danger zone..

@Ryaneg6freak wrote:here's my rolling shell I just bought. i won't tell you what I paid or you might be sick.

Looks clean.
Tell us how much Laughing

I payed £150 for my rolling shell Smile

17 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 12:05 pm

Ryaneg6freak

About $450 usd lol

18 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 17th December 2016, 12:05 pm

gtir_woody

@PartyPete wrote:
@Ryaneg6freak wrote:

I have been known to smash a gearbox or two yes Very Happy

the master of smashing boxes Laughing

19 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 19th December 2016, 1:24 pm

Welling_AL

Welcome to the forum - great to have another member from the US - please do keep us posted with pictures of your other R when you can and updates when you get home and start using all the bits you've accumulated - by the sounds of it you'll have a nice car !

20 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 19th December 2016, 4:48 pm

pulsarmad20

Hi and welcome to the forum . I've seen that rolling shell on Facebook looks pretty clean !

21 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 20th December 2016, 3:48 am

Ryaneg6freak

@Welling_AL wrote:Welcome to the forum - great to have another member from the US - please do keep us posted with pictures of your other R when you can and updates when you get home and start using all the bits you've accumulated - by the sounds of it you'll have a nice car !

I certainly will!! I was thinking of starting a Facebook group called "US Pulsar GTi-R registry"

I'd like to see exactly how many of us there are and maybe we can trade some info on what parts interchange on USDM models and etc..

22 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 20th December 2016, 3:49 am

Ryaneg6freak

@pulsarmad20 wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum . I've seen that rolling shell on Facebook looks pretty clean !

Have you now? It has been for sale for quite some time in Canada. I really just wanted it for parts like the windshield and dash, and suspension stuff, etc, but the body itself actually isn't in terrible shape. It's totally restorable.

23 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 20th December 2016, 3:50 am

Ryaneg6freak

Another shot

24 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 20th December 2016, 8:18 am

gtir_woody

Good that you found a shell that's in good condition that will make a good base to restore then Smile

25 Re: New member from Las Vegas on 7th October 2017, 6:30 am

nismonkey

hi Ryan Im a new member here also Im from Texas. if you want to sell the black roller let me know and i will come get it ! by the way I hope all is well with friends and family after the shooting at the concert there, just recently , Peace Bro

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum