Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Does this look ok?

Does this look ok?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 10:13 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
So I've got the new exhaust housing, I've trial fitted it and it appears as though there's a slightly larger gap between the fins of the turbine and the housing itself than there was with old housing, it's an original Garrett part not a cheapo version.
The gap I would say is around 1/1.5mm bigger, I'm worried this will effect the affectiveness of the turbine (if air is escaping around the turbine and not through it if you know what I mean?) am I just worrying over nothing? I've included a video with both the old housing fitted and the new one! Cheers for any input

2 Re: Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 10:21 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I can only see one video mate ?

3 Re: Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 10:29 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
It's showing 2 on my iPad? scratch

4 Re: Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 10:30 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club

5 Re: Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 10:30 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
Any better like that?

6 Re: Does this look ok? on 17th January 2017, 11:25 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Yeah comes up with 2 vids now .. can see its difference not sure on effect it would have on performance obviously the housing is different in diameter by a couple of mm is it a direct replacement on the one you have ?

7 Re: Does this look ok? on 18th January 2017, 12:24 am

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
Just out of curiosity is a/r on both of them the same? I know that this diameter got not much to do with a/r but it might be worth checking... Lets just hope someone didn't trim turbine to make it fit in to some dodge housing...

8 Re: Does this look ok? on 18th January 2017, 6:12 am

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
There both .86, I'm taking it to the guy at midland turbos to check,see what he thinks

9 Re: Does this look ok? on 18th January 2017, 9:34 am

ducie54

Does not look normal to me. Take the housing off and measure the inducer and exducer of the turbine wheel.

10 Re: Does this look ok? on 18th January 2017, 1:03 pm

PartyPete

the one star club
the one star club
@ducie54 wrote:Does not look normal to me. Take the housing off and measure the inducer and exducer of the turbine wheel.

He has said if it's not within tolerances we can change the wheel and rebalance it. But yea, doesn't look normal to me either

11 Re: Does this look ok? on 18th January 2017, 1:34 pm

Gostek

Events Organiser
Events Organiser
If the turbine is trimmed this might be one of the reasons id doesn't make power it supposed to

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum