Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » anyone read japanese or

anyone read japanese or

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anyone read japanese or Empty anyone read japanese or on 25th January 2017, 11:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Have an English version of jahoo auctions

Need more info on these.
I want to buy Smile
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p512534720


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

2anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 6:13 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti
54456 Japanese Yen equals
379.2698 British Pound

Roughly equivalent to £380, and shipping from Japan would sting you.

3anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 8:31 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
Thanks Andy.
I have emailed kyb Europe about them but haven't recieved a reply as yet.
I will have to phone them instead.


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 1:34 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
trouble is kyb europe tends be completely separate to kyb jdm range and this stuff is all old stock . Pretty sure I seen usual jap export dealers listing those SR struts, no idea on price though, by time add shipping and import it getting expensive :-(
could email the seller abm_japan and see if could do something but if they not use dealing with foreign shipping/orders they probably not going be interested :-/

5anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 3:11 pm

mike74

mike74
I think Nengun could maybe get hold of them...looks f'kin expensive though!
https://www.nengun.com/kyb/new-sr-special

6anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 4:49 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@Mr B wrote:trouble is kyb europe tends be completely separate to kyb jdm range and this stuff is all old stock . Pretty sure I seen usual jap export dealers listing those SR struts, no idea on price though, by time add shipping and import it getting expensive :-(
could email the seller abm_japan and see if could do something but if they not use dealing with foreign shipping/orders they probably not going be interested :-/
I have searched the Europe site and they only list upto a gti Sad
Guess I will have to keep looking.
GAB list them for the gtir still but I have been waiting a mo th for a reply from them.

@mike74 wrote:I think Nengun could maybe get hold of them...looks f'kin expensive though!
https://www.nengun.com/kyb/new-sr-special
£720 before tax and postage just for the struts lol


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

7anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 6:32 pm

mike74

mike74
Yikes!

8anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 6:34 pm

typeritr

typeritr
Try a company called Japanese Auction Agency. I have used the loads of times to import parts from Japan.
http://www.japan-auction-agency.com/

9anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 7:48 pm

astarozna

astarozna
Any reason why KYB-s?

10anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 26th January 2017, 8:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@typeritr wrote:Try a company called Japanese Auction Agency. I have used the loads of times to import parts from Japan.
http://www.japan-auction-agency.com/
Thanks.

@astarozna wrote:Any reason why KYB-s?
I want standard style struts and have only ever seen kyb and gab do them.
I have gabs on now and have had kyb sr and ss on my other gtirs.
I like the ride on them. Firm but not too firm.


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

11anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 9:58 am

astarozna

astarozna
Try Bilstein b4 or b6

12anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 11:08 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management
let me check Stu
i think i may possibly have a set of those kyb sr struts


_________________
GTI-R-US.co.uk
 In association with
Torque Of The South Motorsport

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 11:09 am

mike74

mike74
hmm, didn't realise we got Billies for our cars!
they don't specifically list the GTIR but list a liftback 2.0 16v, which I guess (?) would be the same
https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/collections/sunny-iii-n14-08-90-12-96/products/22-047946

14anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 12:16 pm

mc_hawkings24


B4's are just standard shocks. I think b6 or b8 are the yellow shortened ones

15anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 2:27 pm

astarozna

astarozna
Yup, b4 oe like, b6 good enough for rallying 46mm monotubes

16anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 3:02 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@mike74 wrote:hmm, didn't realise we got Billies for our cars!
they don't specifically list the GTIR but list a liftback 2.0 16v, which I guess (?) would be the same
https://www.bilstein-shocks.co.uk/collections/sunny-iii-n14-08-90-12-96/products/22-047946
They will be for the gti.
I can get those easily enough.
The rears won't work tho because the mount for the arb is located different from the gtir struts.



Last edited by Stu on 27th January 2017, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

17anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 3:04 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@GTI-R US wrote:let me check Stu
i think i may possibly have a set of those kyb sr struts
Okay Bob thanks.
I want them as new condition as possible tho mate. Thats why I have been searching for new ones.

If I cant find any I may think about going down the inserts route as the gabs I have are the better sized struts for the inserts.
Thats if we can still get the inserts..


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

18anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 8:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
Use B6 inserts in 50mm struts (need GAB front struts) besides the size of the B6 the main advantage is valving plates are far more adjustable, loads of companies can valve them suit springs/usage as indeed used a lot in club level motorsport . You can use off shelf inserts but ideally need keep stroke maximum to strut body length which means custom ordering length . is couple older threads on this and crossmatch koni insert options . B6 with good custom springs is about best can do at sensible'ish money although that about twice price of BC pending what can do yourself and price of a local shop do valving work.

19anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 27th January 2017, 8:54 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
@Mr B wrote:Use B6 inserts in 50mm struts (need GAB front struts) besides the size of the B6 the main advantage is valving plates are far more adjustable, loads of companies can valve them suit springs/usage as indeed used a lot in club level motorsport . You can use off shelf inserts but ideally need keep stroke maximum to strut body length which means custom ordering length . is couple older threads on this and crossmatch koni insert options . B6 with good custom springs is about best can do at sensible'ish money although that about twice price of BC pending what can do yourself and price of a local shop do valving work.
Thanks B.
I will research it if I go down that route.


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

20anyone read japanese or Empty Re: anyone read japanese or on 30th January 2017, 12:19 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
I have bought some tein coilovers Embarassed
Wasnt going for coilovers because I didn't want the ride to firm.
But these were at the right price so bought them lol


_________________
Back againTwisted Evil
http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum