Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » Government please leave us be

Government please leave us be

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Government please leave us be Empty Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 8:12 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Just watching the news now it's a scrap scheme for diesel cars. Think of alternatives before you buy a new car
Charges of upto £10 a day extra to be in London in one
It's not long since they told everyone to buy diesel car and get cheap fuel and better mpg
Soon as a fair number of people did diesel prices went above petrol

Mention the word pollution and scaremonger people
Right from school up they tell you only what they want you to know and so many people believe it

2Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 9:05 am

toaster55

toaster55
Good job my diesel golf is nearly ready for the scrappers. Wasn't going to get another diesel because of the mileage I do has come right down from 10 years ago. But it still goes OK even with 215,000 miles on it and only needed the usual services and a clutch, I changed that at 76,000 and is still OK.
When ever there's money needed they always screw over the motorist first.
What also pisses me off is when they say it's a pollution tax, look at the size of our country compared the rest off the world. Flipping China, America and Russia all pollute like fuck, we are a drop in the ocean but get shafted by our government all the time as if it's our fault!

3Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 3:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
Some of older diesels are better than new in long term pollution for lifespan of vehicles .
Modern dpf is absolute backward step as restricts power and uses extra fuel to burn out all collected soot. Also has a massive failure rate of complex components which in turn relates to pollution through scrap parts and manufacture of spares .
Be best concentrating on best mpg possible and long life as scrapping cars is massive pollution lol. It all about capitlism thus money, logic and common sense pollution control has no part of the madness that is the modern world :-(

4Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 7:18 pm

ADSgtir

It's all very hookey, the real environmental problem is the energy consumption to make a car , the longer a car is used the less the need for a replacement , cars don't need scrapping but converting to hydrogen/electric etc , BUT so much money is tied up in manufacturing , the madness follows .
There is massive overproduction in manufacturing cars , of the back of the financial crisis , credit stopped , so to help sales some twat thought up the scrap page scheme ....... This sold cars , but it also simply brought forward sales ..... So now scrappage2 the sequel .
Fiddles everywhere : Aston Martin are moving to a new plant in South Wales , based in a hangar that cost the tax payer £50 million , now they will be subsidised by an unknown amount (no one is saying how much the deal is costing) - this is Astom Martin that is owned by private equity (Kuwait money) plus some hookey jersey based tax fiddlers , they lost 168 million last year after 6 years of loses . So our tax is subsidising super cars for the few (tax dodgers) , to provide jobs (1250 in total at Aston) , a whole 200 new jobs in s Wales -WOW
For some perspective there are half a million school teachers .
Or now GM is flogging its euro group - Vauxhall /Opel , to Peugeot , the govt will bend over and take it up the arse to keep uk plants open , PSA is owned by the French govt and Chinese among others , why not let your tax pay them too , sometimes I. Despair .....I wish I were in charge .........there would be many hanging from lampposts - lol

5Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 9:50 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73
The only time ive ever sobbed trying to fix a car a was on a diesel 1.6hdi.
After 2 days of trying to replace a turbo cartridge i lost it and launched a 17mm spanner at the twat.
Will Never buy a diesel again.

6Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 10:09 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
The worst part about getting frustrated and throwing tools is when they break and you need to go to the shop to buy another Laughing

7Government please leave us be Empty Re: Government please leave us be on 25th February 2017, 10:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Troublesome as fook those 1.6hdi engines used in multiple makes bmw... pugs...citreon.. fiat etc ive changed few engines turbos .. injectors get stuck in and choke them selves to death ... on the subject i was looking at getting a diesel van for work in place of my type r ... you reckon there will be some bargains coming up then ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum