Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » What have I got

What have I got

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What have I got on 17th April 2017, 9:01 am

typeritr

So I needed to buy a part for my current pulsar and I found a local guy who had a few parts for sale. He also had what i needed. I called up to him and found he had a full pulsar down the back of his shed. It was rust free and in a small bit of disrepair. He had taken it apart to restore it but it never happened and it ended up being left parked up. He wanted average money for the car. But also included a shed load of spare parts. I am new to the GTIR but thought to myself, If I was to buy this whole car and all the parts I could fully restore it properly as it has already had some work done and a few parts removed ready to go back on.

So I plan on selling my current pulsar which is coming back from rust restoration next week, and rebuild this one. To the point of my thread is I am wondering what arms i have here. I know i have the subframe but not sure yet what the others are. IT would help me plan my reassemble. I reckon this is a full rear apart from the drive shafts and hubs?
I plan on starting to underseal and reassemble in the next 2 weeks when i get time. But for now can people tell me what I have here

Also these came in the box of spares. and need them identified too if people can tell from pictures.

I am not sure if I made the right decision financially to buy the whole car or not as it is not the best of timing. I went from 0 GTIRs to 2 GTIRs and boxes of spare parts in 3 months.

2 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 9:38 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Complete subframe .... with trailing arms plus i think gear selector bar .... plus drop link bushes in bags couldnt quite make them out ...

3 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 9:46 am

typeritr

@nomad wrote:Complete subframe .... with trailing arms  plus i think gear selector bar .... plus drop link bushes in bags couldn't quite make them out ...

Thanks, yeah they are Droplinks. So is this everything I need for the rear assembly?

Basically refurbish the rear diff, hubs & brake assembly, rear driveshafts and Coliovers and the full rear of the car is complete?

I know it is probably hard to tell from the pictures and once I get under the car it will probably become obvious. But it would be handy to know before i get stuck in.

4 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 9:48 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
And front and rear whiteline arb's with bushes .....

5 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 9:50 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Would sugest also dropping the tank and replacing the rubber pipes as the diff etc is off ..

6 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 3:58 pm

Stu

Admin
Admin
@typeritr wrote:
I am not sure if I made the right decision financially to buy the whole car or not as it is not the best of timing. I went from 0 GTIRs to 2 GTIRs and boxes of spare parts in 3 months.

Laughing the pulsar bug has bitten again haha

I guess it all depends what you payed for the project to wether it's worth while.
You have around £500 worth of parts just in this post.

Main thing is another gtir will be saved and back on the road Smile

7 Re: What have I got on 17th April 2017, 6:48 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
normally it not the big things that hinder the re-assembly but the small things such as fasteners and clips that all missing or short by a few .
You got all rear links and surplus spares, hopefully most the small fittings are too .
Looks pretty good refinish effort and bush quality on those bits so good vibes to start with .

8 Re: What have I got on 18th April 2017, 6:46 am

typeritr

The Pulsar bug has indeed bitten me. I never intended to spend this amount of money!!
I reckon I overpaid a small bit, to be honest. But once I have this car reassembled I will try sell off the surplus parts to try cover the costs a bit.
The bushings are all powerflex so they are good quality. I reckon all the fittings are there too, the parts that I have pictured above are spares that were powdercoated, the original subframe and links are still on the car, so it should be a straightforward swap when I get to doing it. I also have a tub of brackets and bolts if anything is missing. Sorting through that will be a pain though.
I will need to buy a front end bushing kit and so the same with the front wishbones and links. Remove and powdercoat etc.. No point only having half the car done.
I wont be purchasing anything else though until I shift my original pulsar. Razz

9 Re: What have I got on 18th April 2017, 8:59 am

gtir_woody

@typeritr wrote:The Pulsar bug has indeed bitten me. I never intended to spend this amount of money!!

Dont worry about that mate, its normal Laughing

10 Re: What have I got on 18th April 2017, 12:31 pm

typeritr

@gtir_woody wrote:
@typeritr wrote:The Pulsar bug has indeed bitten me. I never intended to spend this amount of money!!

Thanks for the moral support. Always helpful when digging a hole for your money sunny

11 Re: What have I got on 18th April 2017, 2:08 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
@gtir_woody wrote:

lol ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum