Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » I phone 6

I phone 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I phone 6 on 11th May 2017, 5:47 pm

johnny gtir

First I phone one I have smashed. I am due a upgrade but had 2 month not paying for the phone just the contract and it's bit money in the bank. Anyone replaced the 6 screen and can recommend a good replacement screen. ( not bothered about opening phone as apple warranty finished anyway)

2 Re: I phone 6 on 11th May 2017, 10:03 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Ive done one johnny its not to bad bit fiddly with the little tabs inside and you need a sucker pad to pull the screen out just other than that its pretty straight forward i normally search on youtube for specific phone screen replacement wich give you step by step teardown of how to do it wich works really well as last thing you want to do is rip a ribbon off or something and you cant really pry bits apart as most things are delicate .... as for screens ebay fella you have the choice then brand new or second hand save you a few quid for a complete plug it in screen ....

3 Re: I phone 6 on 11th May 2017, 10:11 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Just checked on ebay screens are around the 30quid mark try and buy the tool kit with the screen/lcd digitizer saves all the ballache of finding the right screwdriver suction pad etc ... plus its a gay iphone so probably have to do it again at some point Laughing

4 Re: I phone 6 on 11th May 2017, 11:41 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
My other half does iohone accessories and repairs such as screens battery camera assembly buttons for a living :-s everything after first iphone 5 is regular for busted screens, 6 is the big earner lol.
I only buy Huawei or Xiaomi as like all my money for Pulsars and workshop funding lol
Most china pattern screens break easier than oem so deffo get a film on it and case or bumper with good screen edge cover as the raised curved glass is a twatty idea .

5 Re: I phone 6 on 12th May 2017, 2:06 am

gtir_woody

It probably isn't that much more money to get someone to fit it, we have heaps of pop up stores over here that do it cheap

6 Re: I phone 6 on 12th May 2017, 10:57 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
pop up stores ! that like Ozzy for market/street stalls and similar .

7 Re: I phone 6 on 12th May 2017, 11:16 am

nomad

Admin
Admin
Anything from 40quid to 90 to change a screen in the uk ...

8 Re: I phone 6 on 12th May 2017, 5:28 pm

johnny gtir

Yes and some of the non English fitters make a poor job and like to supply the screen which are normally the cheapest of the cheap. Will have a look on e bay cheers. Done one on my brothers phone( not I phone ) it's still going strong  and just thought for what it takes I will just do it I thought £30 and a hour of my time or 80-120 inc screen for someone else who can prob do it in 15-20 mins. Plus I like faffing with things if it breaks it's out of warranty so no big problem. If it was in if you don't use apple then it breaks warranty is void so would of used them had it of been newer. I have mine in a survivor case I have to for work it's been dropped about 10 times just the case is worn damaged with age now and I never got round to replacing it or it would of been fine it just hit corner so cracked easy

9 Re: I phone 6 on 12th May 2017, 9:35 pm

Spark plug spike

I use this site Johnny, simple detailed instructions to follow.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_6

10 Re: I phone 6 on 13th May 2017, 6:43 am

johnny gtir

Thanks guess it's just a case of fining a screen and reading reviews that it's half decent as read a couple where the screens were poor ( suppose it's like anything )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum