Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » What to do :(

What to do :(

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: What to do :( on 1st June 2017, 9:42 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Recieved this today .. sounds like a wriggle out coming up ....

77 Re: What to do :( on 1st June 2017, 10:33 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
If they wriggle out of it then it down to parents of children involved.
If in schools hours and when meant be supervised I find it hard believe they can avoid liability.
even more so if children do have special needs, fact a load of stones lying around on school grounds sounds negligent to me and fact it happened before and it still happening shows negligence .  
A word with friendly lawyer & CAB may help arm you with options and wise way reply but insurance companies good at passing blame thus leaving you with hassle of chasing kids parents.
Thjey also test your determination by adding these hurdles so if a bit soft you fold straight away and they save a load of cash .
Would be worth looking into schools legal responsibility while kids in their care as pretty sure you find they are negligent/responsible thus liable at some level .

78 Re: What to do :( on 2nd June 2017, 8:30 am

mike74

it sounds like they're going to try and delay things, as Mr B said. Stick with it mate, you've got them banged to rights!

79 Re: What to do :( on 2nd June 2017, 8:41 am

gtir_woody

Id say that's a pretty standard letter in circumstances like this. Chin up and keep on it, they aren't going to hear the end of you Smile

80 Re: What to do :( on 2nd June 2017, 9:23 am

johnny gtir

Yes totally agree with the above they try and stall and make it awkward and cover there arse by saying this dose not gaurentee pay out. Hoping you get sick of replying and providing info and let them off.Keep going mate there in the wrong and know it. It's government paying out in long run and that's why when they rob us of tax national insurance on wages or council tax etc it's to fund stuff like this so basically your claiming back money you already paid it's your money. Fight back all the way mate

81 Re: What to do :( on 2nd June 2017, 10:42 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
It quite annoying how you done nothing wrong but got all the ballache from the issue, i'm suspecting police not even beern to school to make any attempt to identify the kids involved thus making the whole criminal damage issue look like a play time giggle ... So if police done nothing besides give you a crime number and car value figure they not really doing their job and are negligent too .
I think fact it happened before is your biggest point on negligence so I would be pointing out dates of when it happened and names of people spoken to when happened to press point of negligence that situation never fully dealt with, legal advice at some level would be good as they might point out a route of blame we not aware of or just give it that extra pressure for insurance open the wallet, it not silly money and you don't get a lot done for 3 or 4K these days, most local councils waste more than that in needless IT equipment rentals/support in quarter of a year I expect ...
Just bloody annoying the headache/work load you get from it :-(
Do we have any lawyers as members via the club ?

82 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 7:54 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin

83 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:01 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin

84 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:08 pm

mike74

Dirty fuckers! I'd speak to your own solicitor and see what they say about it. The kids may very well have autism and adhd but that's even more reason to properly supervise them!

85 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:16 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Received this letter today looks like they are trying to royally fook me over .... there is flaws in what they say as if the children were that supervised that wouldn't of had to be informed by a neighbour it also wasn't an isolated incident as it's happened before wich lead to my windscreen few years back and last year clay flower pots was thrown over although I guess I cannot prove the flower pot's just don't know how easy it will be to overturn the decision ... I guess I got to routes with it now .... peruse with criminal damage via police or threaten them with court proceedings and the papers etc .... to be honest I can't really afford to pay out for solicitors so not sure how I will do that .... I mean do I go to the school put abit of pressure on that side or just deal with kcc it's not like they are denying it happend just liability. .. or do you think it's a last ditch attempt for them hoping I will just give up .... I've never really had to deal with this side of things before so it's all new to me ...

86 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:23 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
According to the kcc the kids were adequately supervised wich I find hard to believe as the amount of stones and rocks thrown was not a minutes worth ... it was strange because I thought I'd give them a call tomorrow see where they were at with it all but guess I don't need too now .....

87 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:25 pm

johnny gtir

Like f**k mate there trying to scare you off. 1 stone yes there was a pile of them and this is not a 1 time incident. I don't know the law but ( if you can do it so you stand not to loose money) even a no win no fee solicitor might take it on
Big organisation think they can get away with out. let me throw a few stones at there cars n there council windows bet they soon want compensation ( blaming the poor kids due to there illness it's the people in charge of looking after them fault) bet your raging as I am

88 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:28 pm

johnny gtir

You wrote exactly what I was just you typed faster mate so if you think it I do others must

89 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:32 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
I'm pretty pissed off with it all to be honest I'm having trouble getting a second quote for the work nobody is that in intrested in coming out to look at it ..... Bob kindly said he would do me a quote but it's getting a second one .... altHough it could be pointless if I can't get nowhere .....

90 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:38 pm

johnny gtir

Mate get you quote and just use photos and a letter saying it's a accurate quote from photos as the car is undrivable

91 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 8:57 pm

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
That sucks, hopefully you have photos of stones etc and neighbors would give statements and testify to this and previous incident, you probably best having word with CAB and police and if can go court do it yourself if can't get legal help, lot of courts quite obliging to individuals pursuing sensible grievances, if school that supervised how come they don't know children involved and had 3 incidents, seems it happened in school hours and on school property and not the first time the school got a role in it and have proven negligence in dealing with the matter by incidents happening over 3 occasions.
Hopefully a solicitor can give you some time or CAB can give you good assistance .
Shocking think this can happen and victim left out of pocket and with a huge task to get compensation !
Would of thought police would of been to school in attempt get names of who involved or have they ! .

92 Re: What to do :( on 3rd July 2017, 9:16 pm

johnny gtir

Like you say B out of pocket and having to prove it and spend your own time for something you did not ask to happen to you.

93 Re: What to do :( on 4th July 2017, 10:00 am

gtir_woody

That's shit mate, I guess it was expected that they would try and admit it wasnt their fault. By the letter they are admitting stuff has been thrown before, whats the level of supervision have to do with it?

94 Re: What to do :( on 5th July 2017, 6:17 am

typeritr

That is so frustrating, Even to an onlooker like myself!!!
I wouldn't let it drop anyway, someone has to be held accountable. It is so typical of organisations these days to not want to pay for something that is clearly their fault!! Big organisations always want to deny the small guy his rights.

95 Re: What to do :( on 5th July 2017, 8:15 am

mike74

I guess from their perspective they can't let themselves be held accountable for lack of proper supervision of these special needs kids or indeed of being shown to have inappropriate facilities for them (stones/projectiles in yard etc).
If they pay out they're admitting to one or both of these issues, which wouldn't look good to the parents or who they themselves report to. In saying that though, either the kids parents OR the school has to be accountable for the actions of these kids. If they killed someone there (extreme example I know) you can bet someone would have to be held responsible.
I think you need to speak to the fed's and pursue criminal damage in small claims court with the parents...and let the parents argue who's responsible with the school (hoping for payoff before court). I know it would mean potentially having to go to court but at least you would get something out of it.

Just another thought but could the school not claim off their insurance? Kinda like it was their own property that was damaged.

All this non-descript wishy washy corporate wriggling really boils my pesh!

96 Re: What to do :( on 5th July 2017, 8:51 am

typeritr

Yeah when reading Mikes post there, I don't think the parents would be too happy with the school if they were approached for criminal damage.
I reckon the parents would probably blame the school too. Also I think the parents would have to question the supervision their kids are actually getting and if it is adequate.
It would be a lose lose situation for the school. One they would end up paying the bill anyway and on top of that lose the trust from the parents.
if you were to approach the parents and show them that letter, then start taking the parents to court. They would be furious with the school.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum