Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » Prop shaft strip and rebuild help needed.

Prop shaft strip and rebuild help needed.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Prop shaft strip and rebuild help needed. on 24th May 2017, 11:07 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
It a long bolt with nut on end, cut long bolt between lateral links as seize in lateral link bush sleeves and hub. Once off car people got more ways deal with the rusted bolt shank in hub.
good penetrating fluid and proper air rivet hammer gun can make this job quite easy on a lucky day, puller rigged to push bolt, can help too along with some torch heat . Most cars with same arrangement have same issue, done mazda and subaru, subaru's been the most stubborn .

johnny gtir

FPSChris wrote:
johnny gtir wrote:Brand new bolts ?
Yes, every nut and bolt on the rear of the car was replaced with bushes.

Got them all for the fronts too, just need time to swap new callipers, bushes and struts in.
where did you get the long bolts from or a part number please

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
long bolt:  55166-60Y00
washer : 0131100911
nut : 089129441A

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:It a long bolt with nut on end, cut long bolt between lateral links as seize in lateral link bush sleeves and hub. Once off car people got more ways deal with the rusted bolt shank in hub.
good penetrating fluid and proper air rivet hammer gun can make this job quite easy on a lucky day, puller rigged to push bolt, can help too along with some torch heat . Most cars with same arrangement have same issue, done mazda and subaru, subaru's been the most stubborn .

A over night soaking in penetrating fluid with preparation for frustration the folllowing day is required

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:long bolt:  55166-60Y00
washer   :  0131100911
nut        :  089129441A

Got mine from bob, Nissan said they were either unavailable or discontinued at the time, can't remember

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
the bolt should be available and has a second possible/superseded number which I think is an A replacing last zero . I not cut a nissan one yet but at time nissan could get me bolts if needed .
Think someone used a subaru one and just trimmed it shorter, was in a post on here I think but maybe malaysia R group, can't recall it totally ...

gtir_woody

I think you mentioned cutting a bolt down to me when I was doing mine.

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
^ will have to have a read through threads as I can't recall exactly what was mentioned .
not much fun those style bolts though, anyone with air wants a good rivet hammer gun though as helped me loads on freeing bolts like these .

34 Re: Prop shaft strip and rebuild help needed. on 25th May 2017, 12:09 pm

FPSChris

Mr B wrote:It a long bolt with nut on end, cut long bolt between lateral links as seize in lateral link bush sleeves and hub. Once off car people got more ways deal with the rusted bolt shank in hub.
Exactly this.
Mine were also twisted and bent so it was impossible to get them out. Had the angle grinder on the middle which is open.

johnny gtir wrote:
FPSChris wrote:
johnny gtir wrote:Brand new bolts ?
Yes, every nut and bolt on the rear of the car was replaced with bushes.

Got them all for the fronts too, just need time to swap new callipers, bushes and struts in.
where did you get the long bolts from or a part number please

I got them direct from Nissan, it was over a year ago that I got them. If you're struggling I'll grab the part numbers when I pop home. I kept them all.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

johnny gtir

Yes confirming the number you used would be good please

mreguest

Hi johnny,
You can find every part number for the whole car here:

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_10/type_23/

Example - shitty long bolt is number 11 in this diagram, and you can click on part numbers to see what other cars share the same bits Smile

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1990_10/type_23/axle_suspension_and_steering/rear_axle_and_rear_suspension/illustration_1/

Cheers
Adam

johnny gtir

Spot on keep forgetting about that rep for replies

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum