Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » 'detailers corner' » Engine bay QUICK freshen

Engine bay QUICK freshen

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Engine bay QUICK freshen on 20th June 2017, 8:50 am

mike74

Morning guys,

So I spent about 20 minutes or so giving the engine bay a quick clean and freshen this weekend. All I did was spray some silicone spray over some of the grubbier bits to help wipe clean. After that I used Autoglym tyre dressing to make it all shiny and fresh looking. I don't like cleaning things at all but I can handle quick jobs like this.
Note that while I was doing the initial de-grubbing wipe down, the engine was running for about 5 minutes or so just to warm it up and that the water in the photos was because I'd just washed her. The heat from the engine helps dry off the tyre dressing stuff afterwards so you want it warm rather than roasting hot.

Before

After initial wipe down

Jizzy time
(this is the "oh shit, what have I done" moment)

Nice n shiny  Smile

2 Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen on 20th June 2017, 9:11 am

gtir_woody

Looks fresh, well done thumbsup

3 Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen on 20th June 2017, 6:16 pm

johnboy

Nice job - always like to see a clean bay.
Cleaned up my Rasheen engine bay a slightly different way. Did an oil change and forgot to put the oil filler cap on and drove it 10 miles to a friends place - whole bay covered in smoking oil. Shocked Shocked
He owns a hot water high pressure sprayer, so we just cleaned over the whole lot. I was expecting something not to work - but drove off half hour later with the cleanest looking engine bay I've had for years.

4 Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen on 20th June 2017, 8:10 pm

mike74

^^ and an additional bonus of getting the bay rust proofed too!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum