Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » Tech room » Help and Advice » Speedo this time

Speedo this time

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Speedo this time on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Keensie

So I've fixed one problem now another one comes up,Speedo is dead all other gauges are working where's the best place to start to solve this?I seem to be doing more fixing than driving these days.

2 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:13 pm

mike74

mike74
Does it have a kmh to mph convertor/delimiter chip installed? That would be my first port of call if it does. They can fail sometimes or you might luck out and just have to fix a crimped connection somewhere Smile

3 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
As mike says speedo converter good place start .
Is known for diode or solder issues on the clock board too so visual inspection may help .
check speedo signal to ecu if got consult software and from sensor/to clocks, can use a LED if not got test meter etc .

4 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Keensie

Thanks yes it has a converter so that's my first check.

One other question I don't have heated seats but I have a fuse and live going to the fuse according to the diagram would this be for something else?

5 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm

mike74

mike74
Could well be...pull it out and see what stops working Very Happy

6 Re: Speedo this time on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:35 am

Keensie

So I've found the converter but if it was broken would this cause the car to be limited? It still revs and drives as normal.

7 Re: Speedo this time on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
It will it limits the speed not the revs mate. 112mph limiter

8 Re: Speedo this time on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm

mike74

mike74
You could try and reconnect the original wiring and remove the delimiter to see if everything starts to work ok. Re-connect them with crimps so you can plug the delimiter back in afterwards.
FWIW this is the delimiter I've got installed in my motor and works fine Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-300ZX-PULSAR-SKYLINE-SPEEDO-CONVERTER-DELIMITER-SPEEDOMETER-CONVERSION-/120446038718?hash=item1c0b24b2beⓂmUs6XY_BzzKtZ2x2ULrOfkA

9 Re: Speedo this time on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
As B said, I would be checking to see if ECU is getting a signal before going to the effort of mucking with the converter

10 Re: Speedo this time on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 pm

Keensie

i've removed the converter no difference how do i check the signal to ecu without getting too technical?don't want to remove the speed sensor as it lokks a pig to remove.

11 Re: Speedo this time on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

12 Re: Speedo this time on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

13 Re: Speedo this time on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:10 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Forget if this is carried on from a previous thread is the speedo plug in in bay and have you tried a different set of clocks ?

14 Re: Speedo this time on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:20 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician
Check fault codes and if got consult cable very easy check speed signal at ecu .
For sensor test power and ground and use multimeter on AC Volts to test voltage across disconnected harness plug from sensor, should see around half a volt plus. I run in gear on lift/stands rather than pull sensor and spin it .

15 Re: Speedo this time on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Keensie

Thanks for the info it gives me something to work to.

16 Re: Speedo this time on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Keensie

It's working! but according to my Sat nav 20 mph on the dials is 30mph on the Sat nav, it's always been this way and no difference with the converter wired in.

17 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Sounds like the converter is not working or wired in wrong orbits only a delimiting one

18 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin
As johnny says.
I have a hks speed cut defencer on mine and a mph converter.
The hks speed cut doesn't convert the kph to mph.

19 Re: Speedo this time on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody
pfffftt who needs MPH Laughing

20 Re: Speedo this time on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 am

Keensie

I've removed the converter no difference, could I just take the needle off drive at 30 with Sat nav and push it back on?

21 Re: Speedo this time on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir
Removed it ? Any pictures of it or how it's wired ? If it's in wrong or not working it won't make any difference fitted or not. Guess your not concerned about top end speed ?

Dose it not convert it all the way so say you done that at 30 would it not read out again by say 50-60 I don't know just putting it out there

22 Re: Speedo this time on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:38 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin
Think you would be hard pushed to place the needle on at 30mph while driving to be honest

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum