Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Gtir related Discussion » A few dimensions please?

A few dimensions please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A few dimensions please? on 21st September 2017, 8:23 am

mike74

Morning guys,

Is there anyone out there with a gear stick+linkage assembly to hand? I'm after a couple of dimensions to see if I can suss out some alternative bearings for the connection between the bottom of the gear stick itself and the linkage rod that attaches to the box (see attached doodle).
If someone would be so kind to quickly throw a vernier across this I'd be eternally grateful. All being well this should allow me to make this connection into a solid, bearing type connection rather than 'wizards sleeve' bush! (sizes permitting)

cheers in advance fellas  Smile

mike

2 Re: A few dimensions please? on 24th September 2017, 8:20 pm

mike74

C'mon guys, somebody out there must have their linkage off the car just now? Pretty pleeease Smile

3 Re: A few dimensions please? on 25th September 2017, 8:19 am

gtir_woody

I suppose I could take mine off if no one has one handy mate.

4 Re: A few dimensions please? on 25th September 2017, 9:19 am

mike74

If it wouldn't be too much hassle for you, that would be much appreciated mate. Very Happy

I'd whip my own one off (waits for innuendo comments) but I don't have access to proper ramps and would be a bit of a faff for me Sad

5 Re: A few dimensions please? on 25th September 2017, 9:50 am

mike74

Basically what I'm trying to replicate here is what was done in the link below. If I can get the dimensions required, hopefully I'll be able to size up radial ball bearings to replace the plastic top hat bushes on our gear linkages. The bearings mentioned here are £5.89 form RS Components so could work out even cheaper than poly bushes!

http://www.zetecinside.com/xr2/gearbox3.shtml

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum