Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gtir Motorsport club » General Discusion » Random banter » batten down the hatches ....

batten down the hatches ....

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 batten down the hatches .... on 25th February 2018, 9:33 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
Well I don't know about the rest of the country but looks like Kents going to get hit with the shitty stick of snow and cold weather this week .... looks like I won't be doing much then as all my work is outside this week with brickwork and render Shocked

2 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 25th February 2018, 10:55 pm

shroom

Nightmare really not looking forward to another round of this, got a run about now so at least I'm in a shitty Vectra so won't be so much bother if some clown does hit me. The main problem is dopey so and so's trying to drive about normally and not understanding the conditions then coming straight out of a junction at you or revving the tits off their car in 1st trying to get up a bank lol

3 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 8:10 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
How do cope with outdoor cement work over winter with rain and frost, got be real tricky get jobs done with UK weather which changes massively daily in these global change times .
Suppose experience and speed you can do things helps massively but got be tough going so respect to you builders durable enough to work through it, I would cry like a baby if it below 15degC lol .

4 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 9:03 am

mike74

We got a light dusting last night. The forecast for the rest of the week up here looks dismal though Sad
Cue all the useless fucktards getting their motors out of hibernation to make travel miserable for the rest of us!

5 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 12:07 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
It can be tricky .... tend to have to look daily at the weather and try to look at night time temp as regards to frost use plenty of hessian sheets on any mortar work done .... but simply enough if it's to cold then any muck work cannot be done most sites won't allow any brickwork or muck work done unless it's 2 or above ...

6 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 4:59 pm

Stugtir300

Cold weather and gtirs make or break men.

7 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 7:33 pm

johnny gtir

Ha ha well said Stu

8 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 26th February 2018, 10:36 pm

splmum

This is that Siberian Blast they have been talking about crossing Europe.
Batten down the hatches boys, it's going too be cold for a couple of days.

9 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 4:23 am

Mr B

gtir technician
gtir technician
Yeh it was 27degC here this morning, I almost had put socks on under my flipflops and leave my lactosoy milk in fridge and consider a warm drink lol .
Hardy brits won't be so soft, bet rob still wearing his shorts lol ....

10 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 7:19 am

ROB_IOW

the two star club
the two star club
I'm wrapping up at moment .

Multiple layers and don't take hat or gloves off . Crawling round on the floor in this weather ain't good .

Hardest part is getting the tools out of the van .
Can feel how cold they are through my gloves

11 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 8:58 am

mike74

We'd an inch last night (of snow, not the missus!). The road out of my town was predictably gridlocked even though the roads were clear. Not looking forward to tomorrow and Thursday Sad

12 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 1:04 pm

Cosmic73

@Mr B wrote:How do cope with outdoor cement work over winter with rain and frost, got be real tricky get jobs done with UK weather which changes massively daily in these global change times .
Suppose experience and speed you can do things helps massively but got be tough going so respect to you builders durable enough to work through it, I would cry like a baby if it below 15degC lol .

We had roofers doing some work late into yesterday evening and the final bit was re-cementing in the ridge tiles. i asked how they expected it to set, but he reckons he put frost inhibitor in it?
Not sure if I'm being taken for a ride or not.

13 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 2:02 pm

GTI-R US

Management
Management
^^^
No hes being honest (hopefully) you can buy quick set cement additives and frost proofer also!

4-5'' of white stuff here in not so sunny Southend -5 last night What a Face
Twats on the road that aint got a clue causing hold ups everywhere grrrr! took me 45 minutes to cover 2 miles to work this morning. Left workshop around 8.30 last night and was snowing heavy (could not see the roads) my Gtr with rather bald 888s on it was having none of it and sliding all over the place so i thought 'fook that' went back to workshop dumped the Gtr and dragged one of the Rashiteens out, now thats fun to drive when you get a bit of open space to play Laughing

Getting even worse tonight and Thursday / Friday by all accounts

Expect courier delays, no shows for those of you awaiting parcels  Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 4:27 pm

johnny gtir

4-5” of the white stuff what’s the street value on that ha ha

15 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 4:32 pm

johnny gtir

16 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 7:50 pm

Cosmic73

It's a foot deep here in Durham hills. The drive home over the moores was hairy going downhill but the R handled supberb going uphill! Very Happy

17 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 9:04 pm

nomad

Admin
Admin
You can use Frostproof but to be honest it's not good practice in this kind of weather as it only works upto so many minus and takes longer to dry out with the proofer in it so hopefully a quick cement/mortar mix was used you will soon tell as it will go kinda milky colour and will just go flaky over a period of time so make sure it looks like a strong mix nice and grey rather than sand colour ... how come you didn't have a dry Ridge system instead of cemented Ridge ?

18 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 9:26 pm

Cosmic73

I'm not sure, just the roof we inherited. It was actually the valley between 2 roofs that was leaking and needed ripping out and replacing. The roofer had to peal back to the ridge tiles.
It comes with a 10 year guarantee so if it does deteriate then they'll have to come back.

19 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 27th February 2018, 10:51 pm

splmum

Been watching all this on the tele, Stay safe boys and girls.

20 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 6:58 am

gtir_woody

For someone whos never seen snow this looks amazing but I can imagine how frustrating it must get.

21 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 9:54 am

mike74

As anticipated, my home town was a parking lot again today. Someone at work who left at 7.15 this morning and came in the main 'A' road took two hours to cover ~13 miles.
I was braver more stupid. I tried to go along my usual back road, made it about three hundred yards up and got stuck in drifting snow about a foot deep. Mega balls! Only problem was to get that far I had to go up an uncleared brae where there's usually a graveyard of smashed motors at the bottom of it. I either had to park up and have a snooze until spring or go the longer route across country.
This road turned out to be a lot clearer than expected...probably because of the wind blowing snow sideways across it rather than it falling to the ground.
At quite a few stretches I was reduced to second gear, 15-20 mph with about ten feet visibility; quite terrifying really!
Got in to town to see various Darwin award entrants driving around in heavy/drifting snow with no lights on!!!??! Fucking idiots

Anyone else have tales of woe this morning?
Not looking forward to the drive home (on the main road this time!)

22 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 10:07 am

Cosmic73

I made it to work, just. The mighty R was thoroughly tested on some really steep hills but passed with flying colours. Traction was amazing and great to glide past dinky fiestas spinning about like dodgems.
However in this stretch I got a bit complacent and my speed must have crept up because suddenly I started going sideways and did a 180. Luckily I didn't hit anything, did a 3 point turn and carried on but much slower!

23 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 11:28 am

mike74

That's Glasgow/Edinburgh area now been upgraded to red warning for today and tomorrow Shocked
They're forecasting possibility of up to 40cm snow in some areas; yikes!

24 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 11:56 am

Cosmic73

I'm finishing work early today, don't fancy driving home in the dark,

25 Re: batten down the hatches .... on 28th February 2018, 8:35 pm

johnny gtir

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum